Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Finally get my bike back!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Gordonov, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Hi all, I never post here but I lurk a fair bit so I thought I'd share.

I had one persistently annoying problem with my bike (Buell XB12S) that started about 6-7 months ago, whereby it would cut out (seemingly randomly) and wouldn't restart for a good 10-15 minutes after that. Quite dangerous really, especially if it decided to do it on a hill at a set of lights. The last time it took most of my strength to push it up a reasonable incline and off the road while traffic waited behind...thankfully no idiots beeped.

Actually I have to say I've been pleasantly surprised with some motorists' reactions - lots get out and offer to help - and riders were even better. Once I was waiting with it beside the road and about 3 riders checked if I was okay with a 'thumbs up', and one guy with a french accent stopped and asked...great to see happen!

After months of going in and out of Morgan & Wacker, replacing various parts and trying to track down the problem, it's now just going to get the whole wiring harness replaced, which HOPEFULLY will fix it...fingers crossed! Can't wait to get back riding again, I've been caging it for far too long.
  2. i presumed this was going to be an aprilia thread, haha.

hope you get it back soon. i was thinking about Buell for my second bike, but have heard some bad ownership stories recently and no good ones. second choice was a 675. resprayed in british racing green :)