Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Finally did it

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by likeatiger, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Hey guys ..a big g,day to all...finally went out and bought the bike ive been dreaming about for 20 odd years now....its been that long since i last rode on the road. I had a ZXR all those years ago and sold it so my then girlfriend (now wife) could travel overseas with me at the time with the intention of updating to a new YZF Thunderace when i came back, but you guessed it came back started saving for a wedding , kids, mortgage, more kids, another mortgage, new bigger cars, more kids, overseas trips...etc etc. The wife kept coming up with excuses as to why we couldn't afford it BUT she has run out now as no more mortgages, been on all the trips, kids bigger and all that.
    All those long years, have been watching the aces getting older and my dream slipping away of getting a decent one UNTIL you wouldn't believe my luck...got onto bike sales and here is a 96 model with 12000km on the clock...immaculate in every way no scratches last regoed in 2010 been stored in a shed for years pop up for sale!!!! Needless to say i went out and bought it immediately and took it home....i must say guys was a bit nervous getting on a litre bike considering its been ages since i last rode but im only cruising for now just getting used to it so its all good so far...I can tell you guys it puts a smile on my dial every time i twist that throttle...any way hope to get to know some of you soon and see you on the streets...cheers

• Like Like x 2
  2. I am new to the forum as well, but I have spent many many years on bikes. That bike sounds great for a returning rider but I reckon you need to be gentle with her she has been too long dormant. Remember to ride to live!

3. Your right about that...i,ll be doing all fluids and new tyres within 2 or 3 weeks as well as getting some new gear as well...woohoo
  4. #4 kneedragon, Jan 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
    G'day Tiger, and Saparak, nice to have you both aboard.

Tiger, for an old bloke, mate that's still a great haircut you've got there. And the work with the tongue is good too. We have a thread here somewhere with a post about cancer research... let me see if I can find it again...

WTF Stories from papers
  5. Welcome guys :D