Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Finally Decided - HD Forty Eight!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Fa1c0n, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Hey guys!

Finally Decided... And put the deposit on a.......

2012 Harley Davidson XL1200X Sportster - Forty Eight

Im so Freaking excited! Im getting it in about 2-3 weeks. I got tonnes of custom shite on it too!

Thanks to everyone helping me to pick my bike. And steering me away from iron 883. I got her big sister instead. :p

I got the pearl blue model. Ive decided her name is "Gabriella" or "Gabby Blue Eyes" :p.... I know its lame, but ive always thought gabby was a hot name. Make me think of large mamorie glands. Lol!
  2. Congratulations! If I was ever going to get a Harley it would be a 1200 Sporty. I hope you have a lot of great times on it.
  3. Congrats! And don't forget: :worthlesspics: :LOL:
  4. Love these bikes mate, It's on my "maybe" list for when i turn 40. ha!
  5. You got a flatbed ute lined up to fit it on as well?

Nah, just pullin' yer chain. I'm jealous! I WANT PIC's TOO!!!
  6. Call me a psychic, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're a tad excited?
  7. (y) Congrats on the purchase!

And..yeah Post Pics!
  8. That is one beautiful bike, but at almost 5 times my weight would have trouble just picking it up off the side stand.

Be interested to know how you find the under bar mirrors are for checking what's behind.....oh, just realised anything would be a blur regardless of where the mirrors are.
  9. Saw the below pic on Bike EXIF.

10. Awwwwwright
  11. That's the model i've been looking at for a second bike. Either that or a nightrod.
  12. ^^^ go the nightrod...trust me :)
  13. Congrats...........! Hope you enjoy every minute!
  14. That's TOO black.
  15. There's no such thing.....

Ride it like a BOSS
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Cheers guys! FYI - I forgot to mention i got knocked off my current bike by a car.... Cause all i could think about was teh harley. Ill post in another thread my acsident.

God i want this fecking bike naow! I had a go on one with Loud pipes... Sheesus you could feel it in your chest... Unfortunatly im not getting one this loud cause i start the think at 6am :p
  17. Well done mate
  18. Good stuff you sound really excited,love the passion.
  19. Yep, passion is a wonderful thing.

Can;t wait to see the pics of you and your new bike !