Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Finally back on two wheels

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by bass_player, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Hi all. Just wanted to share my new baby with everyone. 2004 VTR250 (only got the one picture so far - check my garage). Picked her up last night. Standard apart from the Ventura rack and the sexy Lexus White paint. I was toying with the idea of getting a 900 Hornet or similar but it's primary use is for commuting so I saved a bit of cash by going with the 2fiddy. A big thanks to Jason for selling me such a well maintained and looked after bike :grin:

Went for my first ride in 18 months last night and I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. Today was a little uncomfortable though - 41 on the way to work and it'll be around 44 on the way home :shock: . It's still so much better than taking the cage :p

2. congrats mate, looks like a nice little bike!

3. in that heat id be in a cage with aircon on full :)

4. Congrats on the new bike. Everyone loves the vtr!

And what's the problem with 44 degrees? I'll be walking home in it!
    :p
    (And if I didn't have my arm in plaster, I'd be driving home in airconditioned comfort, too!)
    :oops:

5. Hey Backmarker what's stopping you driving? I used to still drive even when I had BOTH arms in plaster. It was only a problem when you had 90 degree turns - shuffling the steering wheel 5cm at a time between the hands was a bit of a challenge. :LOL:

Garry from Oz.