Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Finally back on two wheels

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by scandyflick, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Some of you may recall that back in September I had an accident to avoid a larger one.
    Unfortunately the smaller accident was still severe enough to write off my much loved, if troubled Honda CB500X.
    I almost straight away borrowed a Ninja 300 and rode off to Melbourne for the MotoGP... Then had to tow thing home thanks to a series of electrical failures, including the main loom!!

But I wasn't put off by any of this. Once all the insurance was finally sorted out*, it was time to go shopping again.
    I was pretty sure what I'd be getting though, in the back of my head I kept thinking about it. A bike I probably didn't give enough of a chance when I was first shopping for bike all those months ago, so I went and had a look, had a ride, and put a deposit on it.

Two weeks ago I picked up the keys, and yesterday I rolled over to 1300km.

Thrilled with my purchase, and fcuking stoked to be back on my own bike.

*Somehow the insurance still isn't sorted, but you know, baby steps.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. These new naked Yamahas are great-looking bits of kit!

I do hope you are running the baffle in that pipe; loud pipes don't save lives, they just damage your hearing, and your relationship with your neighbours....
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Nice bike mate, Glad you are back on 2 wheels ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Mmm, I do like the looks of those MT's
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I don't buy into the loud pipes save lives mantra, I think it's rubbish, but I am very much enjoying the noise it makes without the baffle.
    My hearing is pretty safe, I'm always wearing hearing protection, or foam sealed earbuds.
    As for my neighbours... fcuk 'em. One side is never home, and is weird, the other side, well, their cats have pissed on literally everything I own.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Congrats on new bike mate. I wouldn't ride mine with baffles in, not because I believe loud pipes save lives either - is just a sin with baffles in.
    • Like Like x 1