Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Finally back on the bike

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Susan, Oct 3, 2005.

1. WOW AFTER 13 WEEKS, 2 DAYS, 21 HRS & 13 MINS I RODE MY BIKE FOR A WHOLE 5 KLMS . (ankle and achilles reconstruction, was told I would be off the bike for 20 weeks)
    Yeah I know thats not far but it sure as hell felt good. Not sure how the foot feels just yet (cant we get these things in auto :eek: ) Hell I am stoked.............Might see if I can manage a bit further on Sunday.

SO I WENT FOR A RIDE...................
    Well I decided this morning that I would go for a "little" ride to see how I manage. Okay down the road and on to Beaudesert Rd I went, yeah this isnt to bad, might go just a bit further, hhhmmmm I am in Beaudesert, okay so I will take the Beaudesert-Boonah Rd and then come home through Peaks Crossing, the bloody bike went left towards Boonah, damn, thats cool, just turn right when we get to the end of the road. Okay so I went left towards Aratula, gee Warwick isnt that far off I will keep going, and going, oh look there is a sign that says Tenterfield 180? k's okay so that wont take long. Okay I got there and thinking f*ck I wanna go home, what the f*ck was I thinking. Anyway rode back to Jimboomba where my bike is staying for the time being.

I CANT WALK, my foot is twice the size and the pain is okay now, I fixed that with a few bundies, so I got a lift home in a cage and I am pretty pissed off with my self, not to worry a few days rest and I can go for a "little" ride again

I THINK I COVERED APPROX 500K'S....................sorry it is so long.
  2. Good to hear you're back on the road again, Susan. :D :D :D
  3. Thanks G............. :)

it is great to be back on the road as well, I was smiling all the way, BUT maybe next time I wont ride as far either to start with, a bit ambitious I think for a first ride though after so long out of the saddle
  4. Hmmm the temptation is always there to say yeah it should be ok, then the realisation sets in and you say to yourself, ok now how am I going to get home.

Nice to see you mobile again Susan.

5. Hey Susan, if you're going to get back out on the road, might as well do it with STYLE, lady!! Lovely story, and can an Iron-Butt run be far away????
  6. You need to borrow a crusier so you can put your feet up for a while.

Welcome back from the sidelines.
  7. Well done mate :D good to see you are back in the saddle (well kinda :wink: ). Hope the foot settles down, take it easy Susan.

Cheers 8)
  8. Scumbag Yeah getting home was the hard part, in the end. The miles seemed to drag on and on, hence only making it to Jimboomba, by then I was only 25mins from home, but just couldnt manage to get myself to do the last bit.

Hornet600 Thanks.......Iron-butt run...........hell yeah, anyone want to go for a ride :D

Nil_orally :shock: a cruiser............... now if I rode a cruiser I would love a Valkyrie. I found that a nice bike to ride........

Dazza I think it is going to be a few weeks now till I get back in the saddle, the Doc has had a hissy fit and now not even allowed to walk on the foot again for a week :( wonder if I can get a motor on these crutches :LOL:

I think I have learnt a lesson...................(maybe) :LOL:
  9. Good to see you back on.
    Been 5 weeks here and hopefully I'll be back on the saddle next week.