Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

News Final Production Version of Yamaha MT-25 Revealed

Discussion in 'Motorcycling News' started by NetriderBot, Jun 7, 2015.

1. The MT-25 will start hitting dealerships in South East Asia over the next few months and will hopefully transform into the MT-03 (or FZ-03, depending on where you live) and live alongside the faired Yamaha R3 sportsbike sometime late next year.

The pictures of the MT-25 are basically what will become the MT-03 in western markets, save of course for the larger engine and the deletion of the number plate holder on the front screen. You can also clearly see the similarities between the little naked bike and the new Yamaha R3, such as the dash, exhaust and rear fender. Major changes are the usage of handlebars instead of clipons and from our eye, slightly changed positioning of the rider footpegs.

Given the early success (and high praise from most) of the new Yamaha R3, it will be great to see another addition to the entry level market, this time as a naked to compete with the likes of the Z300, Benelli BN 302 and 390 Duke.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Continue reading...
  2. Wow! Yamaha want to absolutely smash the LAMS market :)
  3. Looks really cool to me.
  4. Yep me too!! If I was lighter I would ride one but I need the 650cc under me!! It will be interesting to see what price they will bring them in at. I bet it will be around $6,500 to compete with the Ninja 300, Z300, Duke 390 and so on. All those people that can't afford the $8,999 + ORC of the MT-07 will check this out for sure. Especially considering we will get the 300cc version not the 250cc.
  5. Will be interesting if they price these at 6k to give room between it and the R3.