Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW Filtering survey on NMRA blogsite

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by Fractalz, Jan 26, 2013.

1.  Top
  2. Loved this one .............

Di on January 24, 2013 at 8:32 pm said:
    Seriously??? This is the most stupid thing I have ever heard of. Not only is it encouraging the impatience of the bike riders now who cannot wait behind traffic, it is a dangerous and ridiculous concept. A smart government would create a motor bike lane, therefore creating a safe area on the road for both motor bike riders and motor vehicle drivers, thus reducing the common “Sorry I didn’t see you” incidents and to disencourage the lane filtering that is so common and dangerous on our roads now. Maybe if there was a motor bike lane there would be more people riding on our roads as they would feel safer, and thus reducing congestion not only in the CBD but in the outer suburbs too!

Great, one lane for cars and the other lane for bikes! What a super idea from a cager. Di for PM i say............

3. Didn't read the whole comments section but I was surprised at how positive most were in the section I did read, with only a couple of sprays of bile. Will add my support in a mo.

4. I was suprised too, especially given how many negative comments show up on The Age articles related to filtering. NRMA readers seem to have more common road sense.

5. Wow theres a few nutters in those comments though :

What kind of vindictive and violent person would find doing that kind thing reasonable, hell even just from the point of view of not wasting your own time, just let the bike go past and he's out of your life in a second, fling your door open and spend your morning talking to police and a day or more wasted in court...

6. Mexican.."Rule 269. Opening doors and getting out of a vehicle etc...(3) A person must not cause a hazard to any person or vehicle by opening a door of a vehicle, leaving a door of a vehicle open, or getting off, or out of, a vehicle. Penalty: 2.5 penalty units." and a flogging.

7. Mines pending moderation, I may have gone a bit overboard...

8. I had an older guy in Porsche the other week who blatently saw me lane splitting traffic at a virtual 5kph stand still. His break from monotony on his tedious drive home was to ease across to the centre line as steathily as he could. What a w*nker. He didn't actually restrict my movement at all because of the traffic flow in the outer lane. Just his attempt at being a pain in the arse. I did think it pertinant to mention the relationship of Porsche owners and small penises though.

That said, anyone observant and polite enough to see me, pull over to give me space and let me carry on my merry way deserve the thumbs up and nod they get. That's the way it should be.

9. How much do Porsche mirrors go for?

I love those guys, the ones that think they are blocking you, but (since they have no idea where the edges of their vehicle are) have actually left you enough room to get through.