Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

FILTERING... sort of...

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by flexorcist, Sep 2, 2006.

1. i'm sure the legality is questionable, however i find it more practical....... i ride through some really heavily trafficked spots to and from work, (fairfield to sunshine), and yeah sometimes i have enough room to filter, but if i have just enough room or not quite enough, instead of trawling through slowly between them, i either hit the bike lane or sort of on the outside line maybe just on the wrong side of the road. i do this coz i find i can do it quickly and be at the front and not get sandwiched when the light goes green before im at the front.
    right or wrong? any thoughts?

2. As far as I am aware it is illegal for any vehicle to travel in a special lane such as a bike lane.

3. yep definatly illegal and you'll cop a fine if mr plod see's you doing it.
    or if your lucky just a warning :twisted:

4. An old aquaintance was telling me how he was riding in the bike lane to get to the front of traffic, a car turned into the lane, he hit the side of the car...and guess who's at fault? He hasn't got a bike anymore and is stuck in a cage...