Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Filtering/safety music video

Discussion in 'Video Logging' started by Realist Rider, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Would love to hear what you think

2. I have a short attention span.... too much of the same over and over, only kept watching waiting to see the reason why we filter
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. It's a video of you filtering. So what?
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. I'm not sure where the "safety" aspect of the clip is.. its a non talking video of you filtering.. whats the lesson here?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I'm with jaytee ^ don't get
  6. ^^ Yep agree. Not trying to belittle your effort but you need to:
    1. Indicate the jurisdiction you are in, filtering is not legal in Vic for example.
    2. Show the legal limitations on filtering.
    3. Indicate the difference between filtering and lane splitting because the police will certainly do that.
    4. Show some of the etiquette
      1. Leaving space for other bike flowing you once you have reached the front.
      2. Handling blockages
      3. If you touch someone's mirror on the way through.
    5. Show some of the dangers,
      1. Cars closing gaps on you.
      2. Lights changing before you reach the front.
    etc etc, you can't do it all but pick a strong theme for each one you make and a simple answer/solution and do all this in a 60 second block. Have another go with the footage you have to demonstrate specific situations.
    • Agree Agree x 5
  7. "The Survival Story".... What exactly did you survive? I didn't notice a massive rear-ender/pile-up in your mirrors anywhere?
  8. Is it supposed to be ironic? I.e use strong language about how dangerous filtering is then show how mundane it really is?
  9. Survival story???????????
  10. The man in black fled across the dessert.
    The gunslinger followed.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. I always hum the Benny Hill theme tune.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. I really need to re-read that series.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Brilliant idea! all I need to do, is add music, pretend there is a saftey message and I wont get slapped by Smee for posting boring commuting videos. He he.. ;)
  14. Hey great feedback - initially when I made the video, I had some images of local tail enders with motorbikes but I elected to not use them due to their graphic nature.
  15. it is a good video if you are demonstrating how to filter.

the 'safety' benefits explained or discussed at all. a non-rider would just see you zipping up the middle at traffic lights without understanding how it is improving a rider's safety - based on your dedication to our 'fallen comrades' I feel you meant that to be the major part of your message but I think you missed it.

you could also make a comment about the guy in the right lane sitting upright with both feet on the deck and the bike in neutral.
  16. #16 uncle greg, Jun 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2016
  17. ok then, how's this?

it's a video of you filtering
  18. not fcuking me it isnt
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. ok then

it's a video of filtering
  20. dude
    • Funny Funny x 1