Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Filling up fork oil

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Tnate, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Hi. i've got an old 1985 Honda CM 250, and I accidently unscrewed the bleeder valve at the bottom of one of my forks, and needless to say, all the oil came out.

Now I want to refill it, but my manual says that I have to totally rebuild the forks to fill them up.

Any ideas what I can do, as I know that the forks where overhauled not to long ago.

Cheers
    Tnate

2. Just one question -how do you "accidently" unscrew the drain plug? :LOL: Seriously, if you have no measuring gear, support the bike on a jack or some other means, unscrew the caps or plugs on top of the forks, lower the bike down till the forks bottom out, pull the springs out & then fill the empty fork to the same level as the full one. Measure with a ruler to get exact. Then reassemble in reverse to above.