Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

fill up bike before Ps course?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by furrycreature, Oct 23, 2006.

1. im getting roughly 250km to a tank and i have to ride around 60km to get to the course. so what do you all think?

2. if your tank is nearly empty - fill it
    if your tank is mostly full - don't.

simple really.
    If you've already travelled 150kms then yes fill it before the course.

3. if your tank is nearly empty - fill it
    if your tank is mostly full - don't.

simple really.
    If you've already travelled 150kms then yes fill it before the course.

4. just fill it before u leave your house and you'll be fine......trust me....including your return trip.....(60k's both ways)...that leaves you with 130 kilometres in the tank for the P's course.....

you won't even ride 30 kilometres on your P's course......

you'll be just fine..

5. just fill it before u leave your house and you'll be fine......trust me....including your return trip.....(60k's both ways)...that leaves you with 130 kilometres in the tank for the P's course.....

you won't even ride 30 kilometres on your P's course......

you'll be just fine..

6. haha 2 double posts

good luck tomorrow

7. Yeah I would guess it would be better to be safe than sorry, so it couldn't really hurt to fill it up. Still if you didn't fill it up and ran out of petrol during the test it would be a great story to post on Netrider. :)

8. ddoouubbllee ppoossttiinngg iiss ffuunn!!!!
    bbuutt rreeaaddiinngg iitt iiss aa bbiitt ooff aa bbiiaattcchh..

but yeah, as per others, you'll have about a 30-40 min practical ride, only 2/3 of that will be riding, the rest will be discussing things at stops, and if your lucky like i was, the instructor discussing riding techniques and other things that you dont often think about until it's mentioned to you when new to riding.

9. i was in a hurry yesterday, what i meant to ask was should i fill up at home before i leave or fill up at unanderra where i'm doing the test. thanx everyone. i go for my Ps tomorrow and i'm terrified :shock: . my mums a bit overprotective and is following me down there which means i'll have to sit on 40 behind a truck all the way down mt oosly and take corners at half the recommended speed :(

10. Either/or

Doesn't matter.

You mean your mum isn't bringing a jerry-can along with your packed lunch, spare jumper and raincoat?!?!

11. well good luck with your test!

12. Given that Ps tests usually focus on low speed handling (not sure what they do in your particular case), theoretically having the bike a bit lighter and less top heavy would be an advantage.

However, if a few litres of petrol is likely to make the difference between passing and failing, you're probably not really ready to do the test!

Good luck

Cheers

13. i did my p's in nsw last week and i did bout 60kms all up in the day spent alot of the timing riding it was a great day. only problem was spent most of it worrying bout the test at the end of the day.

14. So... :) How did you go?

15. ok so here's what happened. my mum followed me down in the car so people wouldn't get too close which made me more nervous and some guy in a big ute overtook my mum and sat about 2 metres behind me until he could safely overtake me. i took the wrong exit and had to find my way there. i did fill up in unanderra just to be on the safe side and i wouldn't have to fill up on the way home. someone tried to merge into my lane when they were directly behind me so i had to slow down and swerve. finally got to the motor registry and my mums like "iv never been so scared in my life. i'll trailor your bike home for you if you want." which really means shutup and say yes if you want to live .and to top it all off it was windy and raining most of the day. oh yeah i forgot to mention the two really hot guys with really nice bikes that were doing there Ps as well, thought it was a bit funny with my mum coming down :oops: . i dropped the bike on the ride coz i was so nervous :oops: and the hot guys picked it up for me :oops: . the instructor was really nice and pretended he hadn't seen anything.
    and after all that i passed the MOST with no mistakes :grin:
    what a great day!

16. WOW sounds like quite a day!!!

but congrats on the P's now only 1 year left before unrestricted.

brendan

17. WOW sounds like quite a day!!!

brendan

18. WOW sounds like quite a day!!!

brendan