Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Fighterblade - Lots of Pics

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by blocka, Aug 31, 2011.

1. I have always wanted to fighter it but also was happy with how it looked with standard bodywork so never messed it up. Then I crashed it a few weeks back so I thought it would be a good time to give it a crack.

Before
    bom.

Crash :(
    crashno2020.
    crashno2023.

How it stood for a while
    8bc5a2b1.

Ordered a headlight and bracket.
    Got some bar end mirrors to put on.
    Will be getting a HID kit which I was planning to do anyway.
    Over the next two days I mounted up the gauges, extending the wiring for the relays and mounting the bank angle sensor in the rear cowl. (Which will also hold the ballasts and my 12v socket.

2. Re: Fighterblade

I done some research and inspired by r1-superstar's build I started ordering parts and brainstorming ideas. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery :)
    [img width=600 height=450]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a300/sv5000r/Fighterblade/fb951839.jpg[/img]
    fighterbladebuild1002.
    fighterbladebuild1007.

3. Re: Fighterblade

Once everything had arrived, it was time to start fabbing and modifying mounts and getting the headlight and gauges setup in the right position.
    fighterbladebuild1005.
    fighterbladebuild1018.
    fighterbladebuild1017.

4. Re: Fighterblade

Then dummy fitting up the headlight setup.
    fighterbladebuild1024.
    fighterbladebuild1023.
    fighterbladebuild1022.

Once it was all mounted and looking shit hot, had to take it off again to re-wire the shitty aftermarket headlight wiring.

You can see here the stock, but slightly modified, headlight wiring harness with 55W H7's next to the shitty aftermarket harness that came with 35W globes
    fighterbladebuild1032.

5. Re: Fighterblade

I also retro fitted the stock connectors for the indicators on the aftermarket indicator housings
    fighterbladebuild1033.

Retro fitting the standard H7's into the new headlight housing
    fighterbladebuild1034.

While I was at it with the soldering iron, I decided to mount the Tilt Sensor or Bank Angle Sensor to the boot, which required me to extend the wires while keeping the standard connector.
    fighterbladebuild1027.
    fighterbladebuild1029.

While we had it apart, we decided to take the airbox off so I could mount some mesh behind the frame where the RAM air holes are to prevent anything unwanted from falling into the airbox.
    fighterbladebuild1025.

6. Re: Fighterblade

Seeing as we were into the pulling shite off the bike mood decided to take off the zorst to get it sandblasted and ready for paint.
    fighterbladebuild1035.
    fighterbladebuild1036.

7. Re: Fighterblade

And now, well it's getting close to finished, just got to repaint a couple bits. But at the moment it's sitting how I envisioned it.

nightrider029.

nightrider039.

nightrider035.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Re: Fighterblade

nightrider032.

nightrider014.

nightrider015.

nightrider002.

And that's how it sits at the moment, ready to test ride when I get another nice day and some time off work.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Hmmmm. That's rather tasty.

10. very cool Blocka

11. Nice job on the bike and with sharing the process.
    One thing though, are you going to cover that slab of very delicate and exposed metal known as the radiator?

• Like Like x 1
  12. can you please put mx style bars on it? its not a fighter without them IMO.

and you should put a rear sprocket on that has about 6 teeth more from standard, for ultimate wheelies.

13. Looks awesome, would be good if you could lower the brake fluid reservoir

14. #14 blocka, Aug 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    Definitely getting a rad guard, got a mate making one for me.
    Wheelies pretty damn easy as it is :)
    And as for MX bars, the Heli bars are a good in between for me, gets the profile low but rises the bars just enough to be comfortable.

15. #15 blocka, Aug 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    Yea Ive thought the same but I'm out of ideas with that

16. awesome work. Really love what you did with that.

17. looks pretty good, as said before the brake reservoir is a bit of an eye-sore compared to the rest of the bike!

18. looking very tough mate!

19. That looks sweet.

20. Hell Yeah dude, thats fkn mean looking, not quite as mean as Bladerod, but tops!
    bladerod.