Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

fifth gear-zx14 (zzr1400)

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by mr_messy, Aug 15, 2007.

1. #1 mr_messy, Aug 15, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    This may be an old one but didn't find in search.

2. scary bike. I'd want back to back advanced rider courses and then a cornering and braking before i'd feel comfortable riding one of those day to day...
  3. They get way to scared to open it up all the way - coming from people who have driven extremely extremely fast cars, gives some insight into how crazy it must be :D
  4. 3 words. ALWAYS SHOW RESPECT.
    The minute you don't is the the minute it will jump up and bite you on the a*se.
    Not sure about the zx14 (Blue14 where are you?) but the Bus will do 0-100 in 2.6 and 0-200 in just over 5. What gets you into trouble is that with that sort of acceleration, you come up behind stuff REALLY quickly. IF I overtake a car doing 90k/hr (on a private road of course), by the time I go past the front bumper, I'm doing >160 and that's just rolling on the throttle in 6th gear........
  5. #5 Booth, Aug 15, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    Unless you have a drag "bus", like this....

A "bus" does not do 0-200km/h in 5 seconds...

It dosnt even do the 0-60mp/h in 2.6....

As a matter of fact, in the 0-60 time, most sports litre bikes, are quicker than it, and most are quicker than it over a 1/4.

There designed to achieve a great top speed.

By your maths, the hayabusa does an 8 second 1/4 stock, and leaves it doing about 240km/h...BS.

Sif exaggerate... :p
  6. Maybe his is turbo and supercharged, with a massive NOS system? :p
  7. All the buses round my way are slow, beltch diesel fumes all over everyboy and are crowded with pimply school-kids :LOL:.