Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

FIAMM Freeway Blaster

Discussion in 'Everything Else' at netrider.net.au started by skar6270, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Well I ordered a freeway blaster from america and in a word its AMAZING. Much louder than the stock horn and hopefully will get me noticed a lot more on the roads. Best money i've spent on my bike so far

Took a video during installation on my GPX250r which you can see here, sorry for the quality (both audio and video) but I took it using my camera phone so the blaster doesn't sound as loud as it does in person and you'll probably have to strain to hear what i'm saying (it was early so I didn't want to talk to loudly either haha).

http://video.google.com.au/videoplay?docid=7548868321139775666&hl=en-AU
    0:16 = old horn
    1:47 = new horn

p.s its 4 different videos merged into 1 which is why it keeps cutting in and out.

2. Interesting... I have the Stebel Nautilus Compact on my bike...

FIAMM Freeway Blaster - 130dB @ 4"
    Stebel Nautilus Compact - 139dB @ 4"

So the stebel is about 8 times louder then the FB

However, it does seem the FB is smaller then the Stebel.

Either one is better than the stock horn though! Much temptation to be had when filtering traffic and seeing people drinking coffee, applying make up, talking on the phone, etc... :twisted: