Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

FIA GT Championship cars on the street!

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by pringa8, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Just watching the GT champion on One at the moment at Hungary, and they've just showed them driving from the track to the centre of town, down the highways and everything!

Can you imagine the spack attack officials would have hear and all the hoops that would have to be jumped through to see V8 Supercars do the same here?? Registered rally cars get enough hassles already!! Gotta love the europeans!

2. HEY!! I'm one of those CAMS officials!

I drive a pace car and everything.

I'm insulted. INSULTED I TELL YOU!!

Close the damn roads and let them play. :D

3. Somewhere there is a picture of Sir Stirling Moss (he wasn't Sir then) driving a Maserati 250F Grand Prix car from his hotel to Albert Park!!! The year was 1956, as I recall. I don't think speed was a factor....

4. I have been to Racers Funerals, where Racebikes were ridden, on the street, but always with the support of the Police.

5. yeah they seem to have very different rules for motorsport over in europe. Just look at rallying and how close the crowd stands........

We do have quite a lot of close road circuit races in oz with the v8's, Adelaide, Goldcoast I think they might have run on the streets of Sydney this year.

We don't have any that incorporate major freeways though which is a shame.....