Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

FFS, just how foggy does it have to be...

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by cejay, Jun 2, 2008.

1. before a car driver decides they should use their lights.

And no, sidelights do not qualify!

It amazes me that in the proper fog we've had these last few mornings just how many people either have no lights or their sidelights on.

2. I'm usually amazed by the number that fail to realise that the driving lights on their car actually make visibility in fog considerably worse.

3. Proper foglights, such as those on my Forester make life a whole lot better, but you do see people using their highbeam and then experiencing a white out.

I'm actually not bothered what people can and can't see, but I *need* to be able to see them.

4. Agreed, but then you have cars like some model Commodores which actually have driving lights that are just as bad in fog as highbeam and make it difficult for oncoming traffic to see as well.
    You also get those that have both their foglights and headlights on at the same time, which is pointless in very heavy fog.
    Unfortunately knowing how to drive in all weather conditions isn't a requirement of getting a licence.