Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ferrari Enzo Crash pics

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Kaer, Feb 22, 2006.

1. The pics

The article about it (the driver is a dumbass - Dietrich did it! bawahahaha)

Speeding Ferrari Sheared In Half After PCH Crash

(CBS) MALIBU, Calif. A Ferrari that crashed Tuesday on Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu and nearly split in half is suspected of racing, authorities said.

One person was treated at the scene for a minor injury just after 6:15 a.m., where the Ferrari hit an electrical pole and was sheared in half, with the front section separated from the rest of the vehicle.

Stefan Erikssen, 44, of Los Angeles, and a Swedish national, told authorities he was the owner of the destroyed Ferrari Enzo. Erikssen, whose blood-alcohol level was .09, claims he was the passenger at the time of the crash, and that the driver ran off after the crash, Sheriff’s Sgt. Philip Brooks said.

Erikssen told police that a German named Dietrich was driving the car. Police say the Ferrari may have been involved in a race with a Mercedes.

The Ferrari was driving in excess of 120 mph when the accident happened. It skidded up the side of the hill and most likely went airborne, Brooks said. The race was allegedly staged following a late-night party in Beverly Hills.

Detectives are investigating whether Erikssen was actually the driver, but no one has been arrested yet.

"The fact (is) that the ‘passenger’ is the registered owner of the vehicle, from the Beverly Hills/Bel Air area; the ‘passenger’ had blood on his mouth; and both airbags on the car deployed, but only the driver's side airbag had blood on it, not the passenger side," Brooks said.

The Ferrari Enzo is a limited-edition vehicle worth between $600,000 and $1 million. It has 650 horsepower and a published top speed of 225 mph.
  2. love some of the comments on the first link!!
  3. hahahahahahahahahaha.

thats dumb.
  4. Incredible set of pictures, it looks like a grisly bit of roadkill with its guts hanging out.

LOL @ "Dietrich"
    Prick of a bloke that one, also goes by the name "Milko"
  5. I lent my Enzo to Dietrich for one day and look what he does to it...

Oh well...
  6. If I owned an Enzo (it'll happen one day, it really will), I wouldn't let my best mates drive it, let alone some guy I didn't even know the last name of!!!

Thats the trouble with these sorts of cars, the people that can drive them can't afford them, and the ones that can afford them can't drive them.

Look at Mr Bean (Rowan Atkinson) with his McLaren F1 a few years ago, when he ran it into the back of a truck at high speed, writing it off.