Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Female roadracing class

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by Johnny O, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Hey Guy's & Girls.

I'm try to gather an expression of interest from ladies on whether they would like to compete against other ladies on the track.

I know this has been tried before but with so many ladies riding on 'ride days' that I think there should be enough with the confidence to get out there now.

I am just working on a FaceBook page to get everyone together and organized.

Stay tuned.
  2. I would like to express interest in being a pit-boy.
    i can hold a mean umbrella for the ladies on the starting grid!
    (in the name of sexual equality, of course)
  3. Loki you may have to wear the 'mankini' !!!
  4. I wish you all the best. It's been tried before, and it always has a big impact to start with but then quickly dies. Simple fact is that, unless you can gather together 20 or so girls in the one place who all want to race, you're never going to have a field worth promoting.

That said, there have been many successful lady racers over the years, going all the way back to Peggy Hyde in the early 70's, Debbie Brinkley and Jenny Coates in the 70's and, latterly, Amy O'Mara and Cath Thompson.
  5. i see the facebook page is already up. sounds like a good idea though
  6. will-do. straight after I become Opposition Leader ;)
  7. And Michael Duff.
  8. A bracket racing event should bring them out of the woodwork if they're not quite on the pace. And if they are, they should be racing with the guys.
  9. Where's the Facebook page? And where abouts are we taking? I'll probably be interested in T minus 3 years after I've got my bike and my experience..haha.
  10. Unkind; funny, but unkind. There is Nikita Quayle, too, she's a very competent lady racer these days.
  11. Facebook page is...

Australian Female Roadrace Association