Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Female riders

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by nightgash, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Is it just me or am I right in seeing a lot more female motorcycle riders on the road now? I remember not really seeing any before but it shocked me the other day when I counted three when i only saw a handful of bikes for the whole day.

I think its a really good thing that more females are getting their licence and riding if thats the case!

2. Have to agree with you, lots more females out there. Lovely sight too! :cool:

Regards, Andrew.
  3. :LOL: :LOL: typical :p

Well thats good to here more and more are getting out there and riding :)
    such a mans world out there :p :LOL: :wink: jks
  4. Yeah i have noticed that aswell, back when i started riding i never saw any female riders and now they are popping up all over the place. I can't complain. :cool:
  5. I see one in Mt. Waverley every day on the drive home from work. Nice little body on that!
  6. Yep, seen a hawt squid on the way back from the northern beaches.

Thinks she was was on a GPX
  7. late bloomer hey? its ok puberty strikes at all ages mate... on the plus side you get hair in funny places and start looking at girls on bikes at funny angles... :wink: :wink:

no I agree there are far more female riders and some of them really are phemominal riders. I am quite happy to say i have been pased by a girl ona bike before. I know that cow went to heaven for the beterment of all man kind. [-o< :wink:
  8. I Personally know of 30 female motorbike riders
    in South East melbourne
    we are Out There
    all the time :grin:
  9. Send them my way :wink:
  10. I ride into bourke street every work day from Mickleham on my GPX

I think I have only gotten a couple of nods and waves back

one guy cruised past during peak morning traffic and very casually waved and then rested his right hand on his leg, like everything was so easy ROFL gave me a buzz and a giggle

I might have even convinced a couple of female workmates to get theirs instead of just being a pillion behind their partners :woot:

I will have to make a real effort to get to one of the coffee get togethers to meet some other chick riders

11. Have to admit, theres nothing nicer than sitting at road warriors with a coffee and watching the girls ride out pull in and dismount in full leathers.

God I wish I was young again !!

12. We are everywhere up here in QLD!
    I have several good female friends that I ride with regularly. There is a noticable increase in the number of girls riding up here. Guys love to look...but don't seem to really like it when your bike is bigger than theirs (or if you pass them ) :LOL:
  13. Sometimes we let you - think about it BM :wink:

There's heaps behind the scenes organising events, raising awareness, supporting otheres etc - my GF is one :)
  14. :) look why yes, yes we do its just a shame that i dont have a fixed ride to go slow on... :cry:
  15. Stop hiding then!

I cant remember the last time I saw one. :grin:
  16. i think there are just more riders in overall :biker:
  17. True there are more riders from what I hear. Also more girls. My ex booked us both in to do our L's at the same time.

Also yesterday I was riding with a friend - who is a girl - and we swapped bikes for a bit. She shot off like the proberbial cat and from about 2-10 cars back I saw her get waves from several other riders who then didn't wave when they got to me.