Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

fellow rider smidsy

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by richo307, Aug 30, 2012.

1. I was coming downhill on a long right hand bend that had an intersection coming off at the apex (a left from my direction).

A fellow rider commenced making a right hand turn from the opposite direction as I was approaching, luckily he saw me at the last second and hit the brakes as I would have T-boned him. I reckon his pulse jumped a few clicks.

I gave him the half nod/half shake motion as I went passed - You know, the in between gesture.

I'm not venting but just getting this out there.

Anyone else have a smidsy with a fellow rider?
  2. did you see him?
  3. I am the all seeing eye pal!

4. yep. always cruisers.
    on any sunny sunday.
  5. Hehe, a can of worms right there.
  6. Yeah I've been near SMIDSY'ed by fellow riders a few times - though more like SMIDSYI'ed (Sorry Mate I Didn't See Your Indicators). Its alway been when they've been behind me, overtaken me my lane and turned left in front of me when I'm going straight at intersections (thinking I am turning left as well with the majority of traffic). They've always been apologetic and no harm was done so I dont mind.

I'd feel the same about cages too - except 90% are never apologetic! A small wave or nod just acknowledging the situation does wonders!
  7. This must be an advanced nodding technique. I've mastered the wave and I'm pretty good at the standard up-down nod, one day I'll add these more elite nods to my riding skill book.
  8. I got smidsy by a rider once. He changed from slow moving lane into fast moving lane. Lucky I am used to cagers doing it.