Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Feels like resistance from the gearing??

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by wedge, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Went for a ride on my bike, and it feels like a have some resistance from my gearing/backwheel??? Whenever i roll off the throttle the bike drops like 500rpm straight away, it struggles to pull away with power and feels sketchy coming through the corners.
    Anyone had this problem or know what could be causing it???

2. Rear brake not releasing completely? GTR was doing this when I got it, I couldn't push teh bike when sitting, it was that bad.

Regards, Andrew.

3. Well it is grabbing a bit, as in the rear wheel isn't spinning freely, and i can hear the pads against the disc...hope that is the problem

4. Easy to find out and fix. Clean up the caliper slide pins and regrease. Maybe 30 mins work if you take it easy.

Regards, Andrew.

5. possible a warped disc?

6. Wouldn't appear out of the blue

7. No cant be a warped disc already checked that out....thinking it could be the bearing of the rear wheel? Or the gearing, although there are no new noises i've heard.
    Anyway i'm putting the bike in this arvo cause i'm totally stumped on the problem, putting it into Dahlitz, QBN, i'll post up the solution when i find out