Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Feedback on Sydney equipment stores

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by GunSlingerAU, May 3, 2008.

1. Hey all

Thought I'd make a quick post to let you know how my equipment buying expedition went.

I ended up checking out 4 stores in Sydney:

Action Motorcycles, City store
    Terrible customer service. In fact, no customer service whatsoever. As a noob to biking, I would have appreciated some help from the two staff who were too busy chatting to each other to help out this obviously confused customer. Very small range of gear as well.

MCAS City store
    Absolutely brilliant service. Can't speak highly enough of them. I've been in there a few times, and every time they go out of their way to help out. Yet they manage to do it without giving me the hard sell. Massive range of gear as well.

MCAS Parramatta store
    While the range of gear is as good as the city store, the same can't be said of the service. I was the only customer in the jackets section, and had to approach the four staff who seemed to think it was their job to chat to each other rather than help out customers. Once one of the staff helped, they were fairly helpful, but nowhere near as informative as their city store equivalent.

Bikebiz Parramatta
    Good range of gear, and fairly good customer service. Didn't take long for one of the staff to help me out, but they didn't have my size so I didn't get my gear there.

I ended up buying from the MCAS Parramatta store as they had the gear I wanted on sale - cost me just over $1,000 for a Shoei lid, Shift leather jacket and some R-Jays gloves. They gave me a 5% discount on the deal, which was ok. If only they were a bit more attentive I'd recommend them, but in the meantime my thumbs up goes to the MCAS city store.
  2. I've always found the service at the MCAS store at Liverpool (closer to my home) very good too.
  3. I went in to the MCAS Sydney store this morning and was blown away by the service, those guys are great and really helpful to someone who is new to the game.
  4. Yep, can't go past MCAS city store. Great service, good range, good prices and if they don't have what you want in stock they can usually order it in.
    The guys in there really look after you and are great to just have a chat to as well.
    I don't know how Action stay in business as I seem to hear a lot more bad reports than good.
  5. mcas city are the best ive found bar none! great service,very friendly. really go out of their way to help.. cant recomend highly enough..
  6. MCAS Parramatta have pretty good service, it can be a bit hit and miss though, Bikebiz's gear store has awesome service unfortunately the same cant be said for their workshop.

Procycles in St Peters are pretty good too, just a small selection and a tad on the pricey side.