Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Feb 7, 2015] Wollongong coffee to Nowra Hyper-Hyper coffee. L/P friendly (NSW)

Discussion in 'NSW' started by oldcorollas, Feb 5, 2015.

Wollongong coffee to Nowra Hyper-Hyper coffee. L/P friendly
Start Date: Feb 7, 2015 08:00
End Date: Feb 7, 2015 14:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +11:00 AEDT

levendi cafe (wollongong harbour)
levendi, cliff road wollongong
NSW 2500

Posted By: oldcorollas

Confirmed Attendees: 4
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 4
The following users have RSVP'd "No":
  1. No camping, just one day, just coffee :D Saturday 7th Feb

Meet at 8am at Levendi café (Wollongong harbour) for a quick heart starter, then head off around 8.30 toward Nowra in a wafty way..
    Up Mt kiera, down Mt Kembla, albion park, Jamberoo, Kiama, Gerroa, then coffee again at Hyper Hyper.

coming back, kangaroo valley, down Mac pass, Kiama loop, up Mt Kembla, down Mt Kiera.

lunch can stop at Burrawang pub (or cheap pies at Robertson, or fancy pies just past Kanga Valley) or open to other lunch suggestions

could also start at Zanders in Keiraville, they have a decent drop to get things going :)
  2. What time would you expect to be back by?
  3. #3 oldcorollas, Feb 6, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
    I dunno.. maybe 5hrs or so riding, depending on detours and repeating sections.. half to an hour or so at hyper-hyper..
    around 3-4ish?

open to suggestions and different routes (and times), but I want coffee and some twisties :)

could also do the route reverse, and meet up around Bowral/robbo/moss vale then hyper-hyper

as per jalalskijalalski's post in Sunday ride thread, may be increased cop presence this weekend
  4. Darn. I've only got until 12. :-(
  5. you'd be leaving Nowra at 10 to get back.. no time for all the fun bits :( (and I'm no good for early starts..)
  6. #6 Bandit01, Feb 6, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2015

Is the road to and from Mt Kiera open again? It was closed over 12 months ago do to instability in the area and the risk of landslips etc.
  7. I'd be interested to join you. Need an excuse to take my new purchase for a decent run.
  8. Mt Keira is open and apart from maybe 1 or 2 corners is good!
    Check the road condition thread.

What's the new bike?
  9. Just picked up a KLR650 to do some longer trips. Just finished getting it sorted after a neglectful previous owner. Needs a good run now.
  10. Good to know. It's an enjoyable ride. I was talking to ranger abut 10 months ago at the lookout and she indicated that it probably wouldn't be re-opened.
  11. I think it opened at end of August last year
  12. I think I may head down (from Sydney) to join you guys.

I've only been riding for three weeks, and this will definitely be my longest day in the saddle but it looks fun.
  13. good stuff! i'll likely be taking it easy, nursing the last half mm of front brake pad, but great roads and good weather will still be enjoyable!

will wait for RSVP'd people and check this thread before leaving from Levendi.
  14. I've been wanting to do a solid ride down south for a while now. I'll be confirmed as soon as I wiggle myself out of what I'm supposed to be doing tomorrow :ninja:
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Sounds good to me.

I'll see everyone tomorrow.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. I hope I can wake up in time :D
  17. You get an hour sleep in over me, you can do it!
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. looking a bit grey this morning, but no rain predicted :)

oh, look for one of these at Levendi ;)
  19. Thanks for the ride today fellas, got in some good k's on fun roads :)
  20. Photos? Would have been lovely this arvo down that way!
    Was there much of a police presence pls?