Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Feb 7, 2015] Learner Port Campbell/GOR W/end

Discussion in 'VIC' started by Ned, Jan 18, 2015.

Learner Port Campbell/GOR W/end
Start Date: Feb 7, 2015 10:00
End Date: Feb 8, 2015 16:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +11:00 AEDT

Port Campbell
Victoria 3269

Posted By: Ned

Confirmed Attendees: 0
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
  1. #1 Ned, Jan 18, 2015
    Last edited: May 6, 2015
    Learner/Pillion friendly Great Ocean Rd overnighter trip to Port Campbell :playful:

Hi all, this is a ride I've put together for the newer riders amongst us who would like to head off in a group for the weekend along the awesome south west coast of Victoria, taking in the views of the ocean as we go, before ending the day at scenic Port Campbell.

While aimed at newer riders, more experienced ones are still encouraged to attend. The pace for this ride will be fairly easy with numerous regroup/rest/photo points along the way, and while taking in most of the GOR, an inland route is also incorporated into this trip. Anyone wishing to pillion is most welcome also.

RIDE LEVEL: Touring 1 intermediate. See: https://netrider.net.au/threads/ride-level-ratings.159944/

WHEN: Sat feb 7 and sun feb 8 2015

MEET: McDonald's Western Ring Rd, Sunshine West (inbound) See: http://goo.gl/maps/E5h9G

TIME: 9-30am for 10am sharp leave. (Pick up point Waurn Ponds BP at 10-45 for any riders from that area) See: http://goo.gl/maps/C07Ap
    Please post in the thread if you are meeting at Waurn Ponds.

Port Campbell via GOR and some inland route :woot:

ACCOMM: Fully self-contained units at Port Campbell.

COST: $50 per person. Your attendance on this trip is confirmed once you have made payment which is via direct deposit into my account, PM me for details please. 2 double beds are available, first in best-dressed :)

This will be a casual, easy-going type ride where each rider is expected to ride within their limits and the given conditions at all times, at a pace they feel safe with. Everyone wants to arrive at the destination at the end of the day in one piece and relaxed, happy with what they've just achieved.

Corner marking and TEC (tail-end Charlie) will be used on this ride and will be explained at the rider briefing prior to departure.

WARNING: As it is expected to be hot this weekend and with all the excitement, to avoid becoming dehydrated and fatigued, please make sure you have access to and consume sufficient fluids, and top up as necessary. Regular stops will allow for this.

For your own benefit and that of others, please ensure your bike is in good condition by giving it the once over and checking items such as, but not limited to, tyres, fluid levels, chain/sprockets, lights, etc. Make sure the controls (brake, gear and clutch levers) are adjusted to suit you, which makes for a much more enjoyable, and safer ride. If you don't have the skills or confidence to perform these duties please have someone qualified assist you.

OK peeps, who would like to be part of this trip??? [​IMG]

1. Ned
    2. Berty PAID
    4. Boots_74 PAID
    5. Exportswede PAID
    6. Gooza PAID
    7. Nedcc PAID

8. Yenchy PAID
    9. -Bee- PAID
    10. nam.dnp PAID
    11. DonJuan PAID
    12. Blim PAID

RIDE FULL!!:playful:

Amendments may be made to this opening post so please check back here from time to time.

Looking forward to riding with you [​IMG]
    Ned :D
    • Like Like x 3
  2. I'll come along Ned, be good to see you again.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks cjvfrcjvfr, it's been a while between rides so this'll be a good chance to catch up. Will be a great trip (y)
  4. Yes I would like to take part on this ride Ned . Pm sent .
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Looking forward to meeting you boots_74boots_74, PM's sent to yourself and cjvfrcjvfr. Cheers.
  6. Sorry Ned, much as I'd love to do this one too, think I've used up all my leave passes for a while :cry:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. ^^^^^same here
  8. #8 Gooza, Jan 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
    NedNed , am I ok to attend 2 in a row? Missus has given the green light, so will make hay while the sun shines as the saying goes.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. you lucky bastard
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I want to come! PM sent
    • Like Like x 2
  11. I'm in, payment sent.
  12. Awesome! You're coming, PM answered :) I'll add you to the list :playful:

Received, thanks Gooza, looks like your CB will be clocking up quite a few kays in the next few months :woot:
    1. Ned
    2. Berty
    3. CJVFR
    4. Boots_74
    5. Exportswede
    6. Gooza

Places have been filling faster than I thought! Thankyou to all so far who are coming along. :woot:
  14. #14 calgarychris, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
    I'm interested for the missus and I but I'll need to seek permission!

Edit: damn, apparently we have a wedding to attend that day! I suggested we might still make it and arrive in our gear...she wasn't amused...

Have fun you guys!
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Sounds great Ned. I'd love to say yes now but i have to wait until i get a replacement helmet sent to me. I hope to get it this week and can then confirm (if there are any spots left!) :)
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Please note, when making payment you need to state your Netrider nic in the "reference" section, not "GOR trip" or some other name.

Hope you get it in time. Fingers crossed.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. see this is why i cant go on your rides
    the girls at the bank refuse to handle money from Uncle Greg
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. #19 Ned, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
    Thankyou GoozaGooza, ExportswedeExportswede, BertyBerty and boots_74boots_74, payment has been received (y)

BertyBerty, is it safe to assume you'll be meeting us at Waurn Ponds?

2 spots still left Netriders :woot::woot:
    • Like Like x 2
  19. They say i'll get my helmet in a day or two so i think it is safe to say i'm in! :D Sending PM.
    • Like Like x 2