Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC [Feb 6, 2017] Tassie Tour (Bigger & Better!!) (Port Melbourne)

Discussion in 'VIC' started by Ned, Jul 15, 2016.

Tassie Tour (Bigger & Better!!)
Start Date: Feb 6, 2017 19:00
End Date: Feb 18, 2017 19:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +11:00 AEDT

Spirit of Tasmania
Waterfront Place
Port Melbourne 3207

Posted By: Ned

Confirmed Attendees: 0
You can not RSVP for this event...

The organizer for this event has disabled the RSVP system; RSVP has been closed.
  1. #1 Ned, Jul 15, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2016

Tassie Tour 2017 :riding:
    Bigger and better :playful:
    group tas 16.

Ever wondered what it'd be like to tour Tassie, cruisin' around with other riders, seeing the sights, carving up those oh-so-nice corners? Fresh seafood? Kickin' back at the end of the day enjoying a few drinks and chatting about how much fun you're having? The list goes on. Well here's your chance to come along and join in the fun...........

12 days/11 nights amongst some of the best riding within our reach.....
    :dance: :dance: :dance:
    -Having organised and run this Tour twice already, I'm keen for more, and I'm sure a few of you will want to be part of it. This Tour caters for 8 people, and is open to anyone keen to enjoy their motorcycle in an environment which is sure to put a :playful: on your face.

-This time the Tour is broken up so that we are staying in four different places, Bicheno, Hobart, Strahan and Waratah, allowing us more time to enjoy the sights and attractions without having to ride so far each day. The Tour includes spending 5 nights in a fully-furnished 4 bedroom double-storey house in a beach-side suburb south of Hobart where we will be doing day trips to the many and varied places of interest.

-Riders rave about how great the roads are down there, so now it's your chance to come along and enjoy it for yourself.

-During our stay there will be 1 or 2 rest days where riders can feel free to do whatever they wish, whether it be visit friends/rellies, go to the beach, tinker with your bike or simply chill out at the house, your choice.

-Please be sure your bike is in good shape with plenty of tyre tread, as Tassie's roads are known to be hard on tyres. Perhaps even consider an early service if it's getting close. If necessary, a visit to a bike shop in Tassie is always possible if the need arises.

-After our time in Hobart, we make our way to Strahan where the following morning we take a cruise on Gordon River. We then spend a few days exploring the western region/Cradle Mountain/Tarkine Forest/Stanley/Mole Creek area before heading back to the Big Ship. Our stay in the western region also has us enjoying the hospitality of Bischoff Hotel in Waratah.

RIDE LEVEL: Touring 1 Intermediate. See: https://netrider.net.au/threads/ride-level-ratings.159944/

WHEN: Monday Feb 6 (9pm sailing) to Saturday Feb 18 (9pm sailing) Yes, it includes Valentines Day <3 Back in Melbourne Sunday morning Feb 19.

MEET POINT: Mr Lawrence @ The London, 92 Beach St. Port Melb (cnr Princes St roundabout). Plenty of footpath parking here.

TIME: 7-15PM for 7-30PM leave to board the Big Ship (Ship leaves at 9PM) Dinner before boarding, or buffet dinner on Ship, your choice.

COST: $989* (includes cabin accomm on Ship, bike transport and all accomm in Tassie. This also includes a $50 contribution towards food for our stay in Hobart, where a trip to the supermarket on arrival allows us to stock the pantry and fridge. Because everyone loved being spoiled last Tour, BeeBee has once again informed me that she's keen to exercise her culinary skills for 4 or 5 nights in order to satisfy our hunger:hungry:)

*Price current at time of posting and may increase due to Ship prices fluctuating.

-A meet and greet dinner (or small ride with lunch) will also be organised prior to the big day so we can all get acquainted;)

-Places are limited for this Tour and is posted early to allow riders time to organise their leave.

-Your participation on this tour is confirmed once I have received FULL payment, please PM me for bank account details :)

-Feel free to post here or PM me with any questions you may have. Looking forward to :riding:with you :woot:

1. Ned
    2. Bee PAID
    3. S Taylor PAID
    4. ScharfsinnFFM PAID
    5. Zol PAID
    6. L Vincent PAID
    7. Tiger Girl PAID
    8. Hubby of Tiger Girl PAID

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. fark
    would love to do this mate but

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. uncle greguncle greg dont be a princess and bring Angie along. Just tell her its her valentine's day present :p
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. ^^ Agree. Plenty of time to get Angie on a bike and show her a good time:sneaky:
  5. *swoon* I'm drooling! Due to me just starting work next week ill get back to you once ive sussed it out with da boss! ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I'm interested depending on my work situation. It seems a long way off and hard to predict.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. True, that's why I like to put it out there nice and early, to give time for sorting annual leave, $$, etc. (y) A long way off, but the time will soon pass:playful:
    • Like Like x 1
  8. #8 V8Patrol, Jul 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
    I'm going to say Yes, at this point.

It is only 5 months since we were last there, but it seems like forever.

Hope you are planning for perfect weather again !
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Awesome Dave! If truth be known, a few of us seemed to think that 8 days on the last trip was simply just too short to do all the things we wanted. Considering it costs a small fortune just for the Ship, we might as well make the most of it and take an extra few days (4) in this case, and get to more places and be able to do more things.

It'll be great to have you along (again) (y)

Looking forward to catching up, and probably will, closer to the end of the year (I can hear the High Country calling:sneaky:)
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I can vouch for how awesome last trip was as well as how much it taught me as a rider. Anyone who can make this don't miss it, you'll love it.

I won't be able to make it this time NedNed as I am taking 3 weeks off for a different adventure on 2 wheels. Currently in Apollo Bay after just starting my practice long ride....

I'm sure it will be amazing!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Agree totally, NedNed. Even 12 days won't seem long enough & yes, getting there is about the most expensive part.

High Country is a frozen wasteland at the moment. Been up there in the 4WD a few times lately & it's even too cold for that now !
  12. As usual, we are hoping to catch up with our Netrider friends from Tassie too, so a shout out to Michelle33Michelle33, barry_mckibarry_mcki, stefankstefank, Murph289Murph289 and East Coast CruiserEast Coast Cruiser, (sorry if I missed anyone, just going off memory here) and anyone else who would like to join in for a ride or chat during our stay :)
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. I wish i have 6 weeks annual leaves every year!
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. I'd love to do this, will have to check out the leave calendar at work, I usually leave the school holiday times to those that have young kids, and work can be a bit hectic once the new year starts full swing.
  15. Damn, what was I thinking, I can't make, I'm becoming a grandad at that time.....
  16. We'll try to clear up the snow and floods before you get here.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Thanks Michelle33Michelle33, and please make sure there are no fires too, Gordon Dam is on the list to visit since we missed out last Tour.
    No probs Viv, you were so close to ticking it off your bucket list a few months back, so here's hoping you're able to come along this time(y)
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  18. Me too Lolli, if only work didn't get in the way of riding :confused:
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1