Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Feb 6, 2015] Werribee to Apollo Bay (Apollo Bay)

Discussion in 'VIC' started by CampbellS, Feb 4, 2015.

Werribee to Apollo Bay
Start Date: Feb 6, 2015 10:00
End Date: Feb 6, 2015 16:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +11:00 AEDT

Apollo Bay

Apollo Bay 3233

Posted By: CampbellS

Confirmed Attendees: 1
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 1
  1. #1 CampbellS, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
    Meet location: Werribee Caltex service station off the freeway (take last Werribee exit (one after Werribee south)

Time : 10.00am meet for coffee for 10.30am sharp leaving. The ride should last around 6 hours. Its about 2.5 hours down and 2.5 back up with a couple of stops and lunch in Apollo bay or Lorne

Plan is to head down the freeway past Geelong, turn left onto the C119 to Apollo bay. Have lunch at Apollo bay and then head back to Melbourne along the B100 (Great ocean road)

Weather: Expected to be clear weather everywhere and even in Lorne its going to be around 30.

Ride level: 4 All though anyone is welcome to come along. I don't mind waiting on people as there are plenty of places to pull over.

Im on a red r6 if you are looking for me.

The Caltex there actually does pretty good food so if anyone is hungry there is a good oppertunity to grab food before we head off.

Look forward to seeing you there if you can make it

2. First map is the route there
    Second is the route back
    Third is a map of where the meet point is.

Attached Files:

3. Hey Campbell, I would tag along but I'm working Friday.
    You are taking in a lot of Freeway going down there. can I suggest http://goo.gl/maps/9Lt7o

enjoy the day
  4. Is this still happening? I have work at 5.30 in St Kilda but I might come anyway :)
  5. Bah. Alwaya miss the good Rides

Samantha have you got a aftermarket exhaust in your bike. I may have seen you in St Kilda once, I was driving and you were on your bike...i awkwardly yelled out hello before i realised you were not my mate.
  6. Still happening. We will be back in Werribee for around 4.30 so you could be in st kinda for 5.30 no problem. Or we could leave a little earlier of it helps you out.
  7. I do yeah, Mussari. I work at Luna Park haha so highly likely it was me :)
  8. So tempting.....haha I should just come
  9. Meet at 9.30 ? that gets you back to Werribee at 3.30-4.00pmish plenty of time to get to work??? I think if you don't come it'll be just me. Don't see any other takers. Gonna be a nice one tomorrow. I think you'd be kicking yourself if you didn't.
  10. Went an my own. Had a good day anyways. Got my toe down today for the first time too. Bonus.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. You're supposed to get your knee down. Getting a toe down could be dangerous.
  12. If you ever head back down GOR hit me up. Always keen for a ride when I'm free. I live in Geelong so I could either meet you in Torquay or even down there depending which way your going. Anyway keep me in mind. Cheers.