Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Feb 28, 2014] Tassie Tour 2014

Discussion in 'Other States' at netrider.net.au started by Ned, Aug 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Tassie Tour 2014
Start Date: Feb 28, 2014 17:00
End Date: Mar 4, 2014 17:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +11:00 AEDT

Waterfront Place
Port Melbourne 3207

Posted By: Ned

Confirmed Attendees: 0
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
  1. #1 Ned, Aug 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
    Tasmania Tour 2014 :riding:

You've thought about it, you've read about it, you've heard about it, now it's time to DO IT!

:dance: :dance: :dance:
    -This trip will include spending about a week staying in Hobart where we will be doing day trips to the many and varied places of interest. Riders rave about how great the roads are down there, so now it's your chance to come along and enjoy it for yourself.

-Jase (Boobmeister) and Julz have been kind (or silly:p)
    enough to open up their home to us, providing a convenient place to spend the evenings and nights while on tour. There's even a good chance of Jase throwing a barby for us on arrival:D They have gone to the trouble of providing enough beds and linen for us all, but if you need an extra pillow please bring it.

-After our time in Hobart, we spend 2 days exploring the western region/Cradle Mountain areas before heading back to the Big Ship.

RIDE LEVEL: Touring 1 Intermediate.

WHEN: Friday Feb 28 (night sailing) to Saturday March 8 (night sailing) Back in Melbourne Sunday morning March 9.(Ignore "END DATE" at top of page)

MEET POINT: Mr Lawrence @ The London, 92 Beach St. Port Melb (cnr Princes St roundabout). Plenty footpath parking, dinner from 5PM for those who would like to. See: http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/71/1779576/restaurant/Melbourne/Mr-Lawrence-The-London-Port-Melbourne

TIME: 5-45PM for 6PM leave to board Ship.

COST: $528 (includes cabin accomm on ship, bike transport and accomm in Tassie)

All riders to list the food and beverage items that you would like Jase to get for our first night/first morning. This will save each of us a lot of time, the last thing we want to do after a full day ride is to push a trolley around a supermarket. So list your cereals/breads/milks/special requests/preferred BBQ items, etc, favourite beers/ciders, spirits, you get the drift. I'll go through the posts and compile a list and send to Jase in time for our arrival.

A meet and greet dinner will also be organised prior to the big day so we can all get acquainted;)

Please feel free to post here or PM me with any questions you may have.

KEEN TO BE PART OF TASSIE TOUR 2014:

-Ned PAID
    -DropBear72 PAID
    -GoldNine PAID
    -Desmo1968 PAID
    -Lisa PAID
    -Sleepa PAID
    -Spenze PAID
    -BikerFred PAID
    -Blueyy PAID
    -PilgriM PAID
    ***RIDE IS FULL***
    Anyone else keen can be placed on a waiting list in case someone pulls out.

Thankyou everyone for your payment, tickets have been purchased and we are set to go:)

If you change your rego number prior to the trip, please let me know ASAP as tickets need to be amended(y)

This opening post will be amended/updated with important info that you will need to read and understand, please refer back here from time to time. Thankyou.

Ned:)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Oh yeah, pencil me in now please

3. Yep, I'm in.

4. Trust me, if you haven't done this put everything else aside and go, just do it.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Hi Ho people, I will be your generous host for the week. This will be the third hosting of a big group of Netriders at my place. This time around I have a bigger and better place with room to spare! Get on board, we will have an awesome week. If here isn't good enough, get in touch through facebook https://www.facebook.com/jason.taylor.5264

6. Thats a long way away, but IN.

Last time was fantastic. Thankyou so much Jase and Julz for putting us up again.

I can almost taste the cascade draught

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Now who the fcuk are you? More than welcome again, but still .. which one? lol

8. FUKN AYE CARNTS!!!!

That is all.

9. Oh ... and returnees get first dibs on actual beds!

10. Name fcuk ya?

11. QFT!

A blast, memories, roads that you just don't want to end. So love to come but alas with family commitments etc it looks like 2015 before I see Jason's Map o Tassie again.

Those that go won't regret it for a moment.

Bastards....

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dibs on Julz thongs and a better hoodie and not in the same room as the ONE MILLION DECIBALS SNOORER I had last time...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ah the motherland! I'd appreciate you penciling me in. I might even head down a week earlier, catch up with friends and family and then meet you all on the 28th.

You meant Boags right?

14. Hmmm.. I wonder if it's the owner of the "converted" bike - from bike to Charlie the Unicorn... remember that, Boobmeister? Ah, the memories... that was such a laugh...

15. Hell Yes!
    Definitely going to organise some time of for this.

16. I'm planning to hopefully stay till the 15th Mar with AT and camp for a week!

17. Thats a bloody good idea.

18. I've taken some holidays in Feb to do a bike ride in Tassie, nothing sorted yet, sounds great @Ned :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.