Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Feb 24, 2013] Sunday Ride to Whitfield - 24 Feb (Mooroolbark)

Discussion in 'VIC' started by Garido, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sunday Ride to Whitfield - 24 Feb
Start Date: Feb 24, 2013 08:00
End Date: Feb 24, 2013 17:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +11:00 AEDT

McDonalds, Manchester Rd, Mooroolbark
18 Manchester Road
Mooroolbark 3138

Posted By: Garido

Confirmed Attendees: 1
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 1
The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":
  1. Hi All,

Planning a ride to Whitfield this Sunday in gorgeous weather!!! Quite a bit of mileage planned with lunch to be had at Whitfield.

Route will take in the Black Spur, Eildon NP, Eildon - Jamieson Road, and of course the Mansfield - Whitfield Rd x2. Return from Mansfield via Merton, Alexandra, Black Spur (again) to Healesville. (See here: http://goo.gl/maps/FwMFr)

Ride will start at the McDonalds in Mooroolbark. 8.15 am meet for an 8.30 am leave! Sorry to make it early, but a few miles to be covered.

First fuel stop will be in Eildon, with further fuel stops in Mansfield (x2 if required - otherwise Alexandra).

Hope to see you there! :peace:

2. Cafe burnt down in Whitfield last month FYI, but the pub does meals (bit upmarket these days).
  3. I am loo
    king at thid route fro a day ride over Easter
    I will be pleased to see how long it takes you guys Googlit says a looooong time , This weekend is defo out for me tho I have other plans.
  4. ?
  5. OK my post should say :-

I am looking at doing this ride over Easter sometime ( Easter Saturday probably)
    I will be pleased to see how long it takes you guys cos Googlit says a looooong time ,
    This weekend is defo out for me tho I have other plans , which is riding with the Hills Riders from Emerald for the 1st time ,, its a meet and great the neighbors sorta ride to the Toolshed Noojee..
  6. Thanks for the heads up Titus. Might look for alternative lunch options. Could always have an early one at the Jamieson Brewery.

7. We did it in a day a while back. Long day. Leave at 9 home at 7pm
  8. I've actually done it a couple of times already. Yes, it is a long day, but I've normally been back well before 6 pm. Google maps suggests 7.5 hrs. Add another 1.5 hrs for delays & lunch. Leaving by 8.30 am should get us back by 5.30 pm.
  9. Whitty Cafe is fine, general store burned down. Pub parma was crap. Jamieson brewery if you dont mind waiting an hour! Try Jamieson Hotel if you dont want to pay through the nose at Whitty Cafe. Safe trip guys.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. What time do you guys estimate you'll be coming through eildon jamieson road on Sunday?
  11. Drove this road last weekend, there and back. All in great condition. Whitty cafe is definitely still there.
  12. I'm interested, put me down as a maybe. :D
  13. I would estimate around 11 am. If you want to join us, I can PM my mobile number.
  14. Sounds cracking.. I need to be back by one though so might need teleporter first. I'll watch for yr other rides
  15. Feel free to come along to Eildon, then head back again. You still get to enjoy the Black Spur (x2) and Eildon NP (quite a good detour to Eildon if you haven't done it before). ;)
  16. Was that via skyline?
  17. Yeap!
  18. Hmmm. I can't get the times right for this. It's back, clean and socially presentable by 11:30 now. :/
  19. Dammit, I won't make the start time
  20. great day guys thank you!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.