Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC [Feb 2, 2016] Tassie Tour 2016 (Port Melbourne)

Discussion in 'VIC' started by Ned, Sep 10, 2015.

Tassie Tour 2016
Start Date: Feb 2, 2016 18:00
End Date: Feb 10, 2016 18:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +11:00 AEDT

Spirit Of Tasmania
Waterfront Place
Port Melbourne 3207

Posted By: Ned

Confirmed Attendees: 9
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 9
The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":

The following users have RSVP'd "No":
  1. #1 Ned, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
    Tasmania Tour 2016 :riding:
    You're invited! :playful:
    Feel like getting out of town, getting away from it all, well...........

Here is your chance to come along and be part of a trip where you will enjoy some of the best riding and scenery within 10 hours of Melbourne!!

8 Days of pure awesomeness.....
    :dance: :dance: :dance:
    -Having done this trip in February 2014, I am keen to return with another crew of keen riders and do it all again.

-This trip will include spending about a week staying in a fully-furnished 4 bedroom house in a beach-side suburb south of Hobart where we will be doing day trips to the many and varied places of interest. Riders rave about how great the roads are down there, so now it's your chance to come along and enjoy it for yourself.

-During our stay there will be 1 or 2 rest days where riders can feel free to do whatever they wish, whether it be visit friends/rellies, go to the beach, or simply chill out at the house, your choice.

-Please be sure your bike is in good shape with plenty of tyre tread, as Tassie's roads are known to be hard on tyres, and we'll be loaded up some days doing longish distances. If necessary, a visit to a bike shop is always possible if the need arises.

-After our time in Hobart, we spend 2 days exploring the western region/Cradle Mountain area before heading back to the Big Ship. Our stay in the western region has us enjoying the hospitality of the Bischoff Hotel in Waratah.

RIDE LEVEL: Touring 1 Intermediate. See: https://netrider.net.au/threads/ride-level-ratings.159944/

WHEN: Tuesday Feb 2 (night sailing) to Wednesday Feb 10 (night sailing) Back in Melbourne Thursday morning Feb 11.

MEET POINT: Mr Lawrence @ The London, 92 Beach St. Port Melb (cnr Princes St roundabout). Plenty of footpath parking here.

TIME: 5-45PM for 6PM leave to board the Big Ship.

COST: $836* (includes cabin accomm on ship, bike transport and all accomm in Tassie. This also includes a $40 contribution towards food for our stay in Hobart, where a trip to the supermarket on arrival allows us to stock the pantry and fridge. BeeBee has also happily informed me that she's keen to exercise her culinary skills for a few nights in order to impress us:D)
    *Price current at time of posting and may increase due to Ship prices fluctuating.
    *Ship fare has increased by $30, get in early to avoid any more price rises.

-A meet and greet dinner will also be organised prior to the big day so we can all get acquainted;)

-Places are limited for this tour and it is posted early to allow riders time to organise their leave.

-Your participation on this tour is confirmed once I have received FULL payment, please PM me for bank account details :)

-Feel free to post here or PM me with any questions you may have. Looking forward to [​IMG] with you :woot:

1. Ned
    2. Bee PAID
    3. Donjuan PAID
    4. Kupe PAID
    5. Mrs Kupe PAID
    6. Scuzzlebutt PAID
    7. Boots_74 PAID
    8. Dave0l PAID
    9. V8Patrol PAID
    Ride now full, thankyou everyone [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Sounds awesome. :D
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Love to do this one too but the Ulysses AGM in Tas is only a little later than this ride and, like many others, my wife and I have committed to Ulysses. Hmmm, pity. We towed a caravan around the state for a couple of weeks a few years ago and absolutely loved every day. On a bike will be awesome I reckon.
  4. ooohhhh... keen.

Also curious as to this 'beach side suburb south of Hobart'... Can you PM me as my Mum lives south of Hobart and might be able to use a day off to visit.
  5. Didn't anyone tell you ? they are staying at your mum's place. A dozen rough head bikers.......
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. Not saying my mum's a floozy but she is very generous and probably would do here best to make the small house suit a dozen drop-ins...

She also doesn't live near the beach although there is a strip of 3m wide that is sand... more like tidal mudflats...
  7. Can't beat Tassie hospitality ......
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Yes indeed, what a great way to spend a week or so. You and your wife are in for a real treat:)
  9. Awesome! Hoping you're able to come along Don, I believe you were in Tassie recently and your next trip will be exploring it on the bike? :playful:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Book me in NedNed , just sorting out holidays...
    • Like Like x 2
  11. I will be there ..wont be jumping out of cakes this time around though :p
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Sounds like a great trip. Would love to come if I can sort out some leave.
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Good luck getting the leave ExportswedeExportswede, it will be great to have you as part of the group (y)
  14. I'll do my best. Just have to stop taking odd days here and there to go riding. ;)
  15. I've been doing the same ExportswedeExportswede, booking in the odd long weekend here and there, but fortunately I still have enough leave for this Tassie gig. Hope it works out for you.
  16. Yeah, I'll sort something out. Worst case scenario I'll have to take some unpaid leave. :)
  17. Sounds Awesome. I grew up in Tassie so know much of it quite well. I will have to see if I could sort out some leave, and I would have to drive down from Canberra to get there.

What a drag. Shame there aren't any good roads between here and Melbourne. ;)
  18. There is if you take the long way :happy:
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Fingers crossed you can wrangle it either way, tell your Boss you're well overdue for an overseas trip:sneaky:

Sure thing, a few guys rode down from interstate for a previous Tassie Tour, so yeah, if you're up to it and can get the time off, that'd be great! :)
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Was thinking of doing the Ulysses AGM a little later but yours sounds great too, Ned. Also how much for couples? Will have the wife on the back...and she doesn't eat much...just a lot! (^^^)