Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Feb 2, 2014] Sunday Feb 2nd Ride to Wollombi

Discussion in 'NSW' started by Womble, Jan 23, 2014.

Sunday Feb 2nd Ride to Wollombi
Start Date: Feb 2, 2014 09:00
End Date: Feb 2, 2014 14:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +11:00 AEDT

Wollombi Tavern
Wollombi, NSW 2325

Posted By: 109er

Confirmed Attendees: 13
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":

The following users have RSVP'd "No":
  1. Hello all, this is a learner friendly ride from St. Ives to Wollombi.

Meet at Pattinsons Cafe on Mona Vale Road St. Ives at 0900, leaving at 0930.

Once at Wollombi a few of us may decide to ride onwards before returning to Sydney.

Usual rules apply,
    No one leaves the group without letting someone know,
    No racing,
    No talking sense (this is a Netrider ride after all).

All standards of riders are welcome but please be aware that there are at least one L and two P standard riders joining this event.

Corner markers and TEC will be available.

2. I'm definitely keen for this. You know I love the run to Wollombi and Wollombi itself.

TAY. IN.

Would also be keen to do Putty back, depending on how the ol' prostate holds up.
  3. Yep, pretty sure i'm in as well - my first free weekend for donkey's! (meaning donkey's years, not for donkey riders :) )
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I'm in! Look forward to it
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Can't do this Sunday I'm afraid but have a good ride y'all
  6. what route will you be taking to get there?
  7. How little notice can I give you? I'll know tomorrow if I can make this or not - no problem if this is too little notice though. Sounds fun! This would be my first ride, and for reference, I'm an "L plater" - hope that's ok.
  8. Up to 0830 on Sunday morning is fine.
  9. @RS_Menace up the old road towards Putty and onwards to Wollombi, no freeway.
  10. Man I am spewing I can't come for this (I have to be at work by 12). Have a great, safe ride..........
    • Like Like x 1

11. Excellent, thanks. Should I contact you on here, or can you PM me a mobile number?
  12. Contact me on this thread is fine.
  13. I live near Hornsby can I meet you along the way, like 711 servo at Berowra or pie in the sky or do I need to come to st Ives?
  14. We can meet along the way, I normally stop at the big BP servo next to the train tracks in Hornsby.
  15. Perfect about what time?
  16. Hi all, I'm planning to try make this ride. I just relocated from Perth and will be my first ride in NSW :] Been around organised groups back home for years, but just a quick question. I had to replace my Stator and RR just before transporting my bike to Sydney. I have done a few short trips since she arrived but this will be my 1st major one. Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good roadside assist company incase the worse scenario plays out and i burn out my Stator again due to another issue i'm yet to find. Sorry to go a bit off topic.
  17. @pj we'll be at the BP servo at about 0950.
  18. Hi all,

Sorry but won't be able to make the ride tomorrow, had a family issue come up.

However, I did go on this route with a friend of mine today and it's a great ride, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Hope you all have a great time
  19. pj gets a lie in :(
    BlkBird sorry mate i have no idea on roadside assist
    Alex / Taymaishu are you in or out? Very confusing.

See you all at Pattinsons in the morning or on route.
  20. OK folks, I'll see you all tomorrow morning at 0900 at Pattinsons. I'll be on the white BMW K1300, Fin has got a blue ER6n, Lionz will be on a CBR6 or Blade so look out for us. There's plenty of parking in the free car park opposite Pattinsons, or outside or in the side road as well.

We will stop at the BP servo in Asquith at the junction of Jersey St North and the Pacific highway to pick up PJCliffo.

If you cannot make it or are running a bit late please post in this thread before 0900 so we are not waiting around for you.

We will set off at 0930.

Looking forward to meeting some new riders.