Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Feb 16, 2013] Learners' Snowy Adventure (Mt Hotham/Falls Creek)

Discussion in 'VIC' started by Ned, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
Learners' Snowy Adventure
(Mt Hotham/Falls Creek)
Confirmed Attendees: 0
Posted By: Ned
Start Date: Feb 16, 2013 09:00
End Date: Feb 18, 2013 16:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +11:00 AEDT
  1. #1 Ned, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
    Learner friendly 3 Day Trip into the High Country...:riding: :riding:

WHEN: Saturday 16, sunday 17 and monday 18 February.
    MEET: McDonalds 398 Plenty Rd Mill Park.
    TIME: 8-30am for 9am leave.
    WHERE: Into the High Country :)
    RIDE LEVEL: Touring 1 intermediate https://netrider.net.au/wiki/group-rides-rider-skill-levels/
    ACCOMM: 2 nights at Bright in 3 bedroom cabins (all linen and towels are supplied).
    COST: $80 per person (covers both nights).

MEET: MacDonald's 398 Plenty Rd Mill Park, cnr University Dve. (Shell Servo next door, Caltex at 377 Plenty Rd) You don't need to fill up here, but must fill up at Yea, our first break/regroup, (80km further) before the next fuel stop (160km) if you can't make 240km.

After having an awesome time and leading a group up through these parts last week, it's time to do it all again!! :playful:

This 3 day trip is aimed at the newer riders amongst us who are confident enough they have the skills to safely ride in a group for 300-400km per day. You'll be soaking up the scenery and having an awesome time on your bike on some of Victoria's most enjoyable bike roads, while in the company of a few experienced riders. The itinerary allows for plenty of rest/re-group/photo opp's along the way.

Places on the list to be visited are Eildon, Whitfield, Falls Creek, Omeo and Dinner Plain, just to name a few and even a run up the winding road to Mt Buffalo Chalet is on the agenda. Ride will end with a coffee break/refuel at Healesville after negotiating Black Spur, where we say our good-byes before going our own way.

Proposed route: http://goo.gl/maps/CY1kh

The TEC, who will know the exact route, will be an experienced rider who is patient enough to allow the slowest rider all the time they need to get to where they're going. TEC should be carrying a puncture repair kit, basic tools and a 1st Aid kit, none of which we hope to need.

Uncosnail, Portagrug and Greydog have offered to go TEC's, thankyou.

Group numbers will be limited. (y)

Please feel free to post here or PM me with any questions :)

This thread will be amended from time to time so please check back here for updates.

1. *Ned
    2. *Spenze
    3. *Gobberwart
    4. *Louey
    5. *Portagrug
    6. *Uncosnail
    7. *Greydog
    8. *Mad Marty
    9. *Lisa
    10. *Peppy
    11. *Blueyy
    12. *Bullit
    13. *Cameronp
    14. *Beingness

Thankyou everyone for your payment.

Brad (Ned) :peace:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Another one Ned, you can't get enough of the heady power of ride leader. ;)
  3. I can say "yes", but I'm wondering if I should wait to leave room for the "learners" first.
  4. Aww stuff it put me down i should have a bike buy then :)
  5. It looks like fun. I need to do a couple more weekend rides to get some confidence up before I can commit :)
  6. [​IMG]Me, me! :joyful: *jumps up and down while frantically waving with both hands*
    May I come? :D

How many people will there be?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Not until February Liza so you have plenty of time.
  8. Of course you may come Nina, you are most welcome (anyone who gives the Ride Leader chocolate is welcome (y)) I'm hoping to have the group at around 12 people all up.

With 10 weekends to get in some practice Liza, that should allow you enough time to set you up pretty well for this type of trip. Everyone motors along at their own pace, no-one gets left behind and the TEC (tail-end Charlie) stays a comfortable distance behind the group, keeping an eye on the last few riders in the pack.
  9. me me!!! im not planning any international trips or expensive things around then. :)
  10. I'll let someone else in on this trip. Thanks for the offer Ned but I can't confirm what will be happening around then at this time.

To people that are interested on going on this trip and didn't get to go on the last one, get your spot now. Ned is an excellent ride leader and his last trip was great.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Ok, ok. I'll bring some chocolate with me if that's what it takes for me to be allowed on this trip ;)
    Unless the TEC forgets a corner marker :D
    Unless he is daydreaming and runs almost up your arse a few times ;) (Yes Chris, I'm going to be typical woman about this, it's actually fun :D :D :D )
    Yes Portagrug, you have to come!
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Okay 10 weeks is a lot of time to practice. Since practicing is fun I am sure I will get a lot in between now and then. Count me in!
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Im worried about getting home and getting back on the bike.. i feel like i have lost all my mad skillz.. :( but then at the same time im angry that i get home at midday saturday and will probably still be sick and jet lagged on sunday.. :(
  14. Great!! You're in for an awesome trip Liza, PM sent.
    Don't worry, they'll come back to you in no time. Perhaps you'll even learn a few more on the trip??
  15. I did.
  16. Ned - interested at this stage. Cannot confirm until a bit later. Can volunteer to TEC ( :shock: ) if i am on the "other" bike.
  17. OK I'm in.
    Just need to suck up to the boss.
    Can't have another 'unexpected funeral' so close to the last High country Ride :longnose: !!!
  18. OK I'm in.
    Just need to suck up to the boss.
    Can't have another 'unexpected funeral' so close to the last High Country Ride!!!
  19. Sorry about all that.
    I kept getting an "Unspecified Error" and no posting.
    refreshed the page & what do I see??
    LOTS of the same post!
  20. Damn. Forgot to check the calendar.
    I'm out. Got the kids that weekend.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.