Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Feb 1, 2015] Anakie run (Anakie)

Discussion in 'VIC' at netrider.net.au started by CampbellS, Jan 30, 2015.

Anakie run
Start Date: Feb 1, 2015 08:00
End Date: Feb 1, 2015 13:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +11:00 AEDT

Anakie, VIC

Posted By: CampbellS

Confirmed Attendees: 0
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
  1. 8am start in werribee then off to Anakie. Expect to be back in Werribee around 1pm

2. Any more details mate? I'm unfamiliar with the roads there. Difficulty? Sealed roads? Meet point? Any nice stops along the way?

• Like Like x 1
  3. I have never been before. I was waiting to speak to my mate who did the run the other week but I just got off the phone with him and he said he got lost and thought it was shit. If anyone knows the way and would like to shed some light for me that would be ideal. Failing that I'll go somewhere else...

Seems this thread has been a bit if a waste of time. Sorry guys.

4. It's a lot flatter out west but their are some hidden gems. Uncle Greg's Saturday ride group went out west today so in that thread there was a discussion of options. Start with my list HERE in that thread and then have a look at Wheres me Boike's great list of Western routes a few pages later.

You need to get over into the Brisbane ranges to get interest out of that area or up into the foothills of Mt Macedon. The road from Anakie to Steiglitz is interesting.

5. I did Werribee to Meredith via Anakie last weekend, I found it a good ride but I'm only a novice. The pub in Meredith is very friendly to bikers and then we went on to Geelong from there and back home. But you could go the other way and end up on the western hwy. I had an enjoyable day :)