Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

N/A | National FCAI MC Code of Practice and Future Directions

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by TonyE, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Hmm, I tried to read both these documents, and both of the .pdf files, got to about half way downloaded then just, mysteriously, stopped. :-(

I did see enough to be impressed by how complicated it is in Queensland to know if someone is or isn't entitled to ride a given motorcycle. ;)
  2. It took a couple of tries before I could download them.
  3. FCAI codes of practice are what the industry imposes upon themselves voluntarily to (hopefully) avoid something similar or more sever being imposed legislatively. The first one looks like it is trying do deal with unriders preemptively. Not sure if that's good or bad. I should be able really to buy any bike I want regardless of whether I can legally ride it. It's the action of riding on public roads while unlicensed thats the illegal action, not the purchase and registration of the bike.

I've only skimmed the directions paper, but it looks like they are promoting a unified voice and the bullet points don't seem too bad on the surface. It'll need more reading though.