Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Favourites on the PC

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' started by hornet, Aug 2, 2005.

1. OK, nothing to do with bikes (but stuff in this area rarely is), what's your list of five favourite computer games, and, if you like the reasons for.....?
    Mine's easy;
    Doom 1 & II (that's two)
    Wolfenstein 1 (full version)
    Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix III
    Volcano Hunter (Old Tandy Game, I have a PC port, but I can't slow my computer down enough to control it, blast!)

2. Rollercoaster tycoon 3D :roll: :roll: All my good games are on the P2.
  3. ooooooh :D

Quake 1
    doom2 patch on doom3 8)

but so many others are so good, cant they all be on my list?. C&C, Red Alert, Warcraft 2 (are you STILL touching me :LOL: ), Dune 2, Prince of persia, Far Cry, the original dooms, Z, serious sam, the diablos..... and does the xbox count as a PC? then add robotech, the halos, the burnouts, revenge of the sith, the motoGPs.... ARRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH so many games, so little time :shock:
  4. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Acrobat, Solitaire, Minesweeper, Recycle Bin..........

5. If the PS2 counts, I vote for Gran Turismo 4.

In particular, the Nurburgring. :shock:
  6. HL2, World of Warcraft, Warcraft 3, ut 2004, and Rome Total War oh oh and a game thats banned in australia called Thrill Kill
  7. I was easily impressed with Space Invaders and then Gallager (?). But, I quit while I was ahead and retired from the game. :LOL:
    Nowadays, its just bikes.
  8. Street Fighter II and Strikers 1945 on the ROM emulator - except it gives me mild epileptic fits. I also spend too much time playing only pool and poker.
  9. Battlefield 2
    IL2: Forgotten Battles
    Operation Flashpoint
    SBK 2001
  10. C'mon, Greg, you know the old saying about computer games? There's only two sorts of people when it comes to computer games, those who play them and those who lie about it!! {Besides, no Microsoft app could ever be considered to be a game, because games, by definition, are supposed to be FUN!}
  11. Thats why I am a Mac user! Don't have to put up with as much Microsoft...... But then again, I support Microsoft networks, and I'm a Microsoft partner.... shit... botched that one right up........:LOL:

12. Microsoft is like what Marvin the Paranoid Android said in Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy about life; loath it or hate, you just can't ignore it!
  13. And MS are not producing Office for Mac any more, eh? What apps are available to replace this under Panther/Tiger et al???
  14. MS still make Office for Mac - indeed, it's newer than the PC version.

That said, there are plenty of Office alternatives on both systems. OpenOffice is my preferred suite.

Oh, and Diablo 2 owns.
  15. It was Galaga...and we're really showing our age.

My favorite is a brilliant air combat game - European Air Wars. Sadly, it was never updated after the Win98, and won't run in the XP or 2000 compatability modes. Broken-hearted, I refuse to play games on my PC until Billware reintroduce backward-compataBillity.
  16. Oh, there's Descent also. A brilliant game... Descent 2 was also good, Descent 3... perhaps lost the plot.
  17. Currently installed:-
    Call of Duty
    Call of Duty: United Offensive
    Medal of Honour: Pacific Assault
    Doom 3
    Half Life 2
    Unreal Tournament 2004 (+Frag Ops)
    Quake 3
    Star Wars Republic Commando
    Battlefield 2
    Act of War - Direct Action
    MotoGP3 Beta Release & Demo

Actually played:-

18. :shock: How do you have time to ride with all those games .
  19. The question is not how do i have time to ride.
    The question is how do i play games, work, study full time, ride, and have a life? I'm yet to find the answer to that question. ;)

I usually only play most of those games at LAN's.
    If im not studying, i'm usually working.
    If it's the weekend i'm riding.
    If it's night time and i'm not working, i'm partying.

Somewhere when you combine all those statements into one; is the summary of my time management schedule. :D
    Oh.. and Tenoq, don't play so innocent. Perhaps we should now divulge the information regarding the BF:DC addiction?
  20. I'm with Greg....Minesweeper, Solitaire (regular, Spider, doesn't really matter :p )....these are the only REAL games out there :wink: :LOL:

Dave will be horrified he has associated with a girl who freely admits to enjoying these forms of entertainment....

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: