Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Favourite

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by hornet, May 22, 2005.

1. We've had favourite everything lately, (actors, actresses, etc) so how about.......
    Who was/is your favourite Australian MotoCross rider of all time?
    Who was/is your favourite Australian Road Racer of all time?
    And a bit of detail as to why you make the choice
    Mine's easy
    Steven Gall, for so many wins, and for putting so much back into the sport.
    Wayne Gardner, for exactly the same reasons
    PLUS both these guys are the nicest people you would want to meet, and adornments to their particular disciplines

2. Kinda off topics but just thought i'd let you know. When my dad was in his late teens early 20's he rode trail bikes with wayne gardner. :)

3. and mine are

Have to agree with Stephen Gall, after all, how versatile a rider was he? Multiple motocross champion, successful roadracer (4th in the Six Hour in 1979 I think it was), Australian Speedcar Champion and successful sprintcar driver. If it had an engine and it had wheels, he'd win on or in it.
    For Road Racing, I guess I'm showing my age here, but Gregg Hansford was the best rider we have ever produced without a doubt, even though he never won a World Championship, and he paved the way for a raft load of Aussie racers to go to Europe and America and succeed.
    And, in both cases, thorough gentlemen and competitors to whom the sport still looks up, even today. RIP Gregg, you were a legend.