Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Favourite Quotes!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by BruiserMadden, Oct 25, 2007.

1. #1 BruiserMadden, Oct 25, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    The quotes that make you think, laugh, smile, gasp, cringe, marvel and wonder at.
    Post your top 3 favourite quotes of all time. I know there are countless wonderful ones out there, but define yourself through 3 quotes, and lets see what we come up with.
    Well i'll kick it off.

"Believe me! The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously!"- Frederich Nietzsche
    (particularly relevant around here :) )

"Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without." -Confucious

"A chinese philosopher once had a dream that he was a butterfly. From that day on, he was never quite certain that he was not a butterfly, dreaming that he was a man." - Unknown

And now for the lighter hearted side-
    only the greatest metaphor known to man.

What are yours???
  2. http://lachlan.bluehaze.com.au/deep.html

Guaranteed to waste a good two hours of your time (Big page, all text)

+ about a few thousand others
  3. " The best stress reliever is to live in the present"

This quote has helped me out in times of need.
  4. "it's better to ask a stupid question than make a stupid mistake"

"the early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese, know when to be patient!"
  5. See my sig..
  6. bambam_101 has the best yet!

what can go wrong will go wrong

^^that means that if you take a risk there is a down side. think about it. taking the risk put the can into the equation

smithers! i just found the most wonder dog! not only did he pull a baby from the path of a speeding car, but he pushed a criminal in front of it! :LOL:

blessed is he/she who can weigh the faults of others without puting his/her thumb on the scale

stump it up! :cool:
  7. "Homer no function beer well without" :LOL:
  8. "Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now, you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend." - Bruce Lee

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life" - Muhammad Ali
  9. Wax on Wax Off :rofl: :LOL:

Nah, when crazy things happen I always say and believe "everything happens for a reason".
  10. My calendar for today says "Sometimes it is more important to discover what one cannot do, than what one can do." - Lin Yutang.

I'm with you on the "everything happens for a reason," starlet.

The other one I like (is great when hanging round drunk people): "Drunken words are sober thoughts" :p
  11. I hope that's not true all the time :shock: :LOL:
  12. yes but are you sure they happen for a positive reason?

what happens if there is some sinister force making things happen for a reason, an evil reason.... 8-[

13. It's just a reason, could be good could be bad - I like to think that it's a good reason but hey, whatever floats ya boat :p

EDIT: LOL There's another quote "Whatever floats your boat" :LOL:
  14. A subtle thought that is in error may yet give rise to fruitful inquiry that can establish truths of great value.
    Isaac Asimov

A Quote I got from someone here, he got it from a Lecturer of his
    "All the information you need is freely available if you know where to look. However, most of it was written by egotisical academics so it's 99% bullshit. Your job is to sort out the other 1% and get back to me."

And for the third...
    Well look at my signature.
  15. Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent - Issac Asimov.

The excess of our youth are checks written against our age and they are payable with interest thirty years later - Monty Python.

Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers -Voltaire
  16. Do or Do Not - there is no try - Yoda

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right - Henry Ford

To thine own self be true, this above all else. - William Shakespeare

bonus one

If I went around saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away! - Denis the peasant

extra bonus - Be where your hands are - anonymous

17. Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others. - Groucho Marx

A little knowledge is dangerous. So is a lot. - Einstein

Flying is the second greatest experience. Landing is the first.
  18. My grandfather, who was a WWII POW on the Burma Railway and in Changi had this written on his fridge.

"Only those who have eaten from the same bowl know how the food tastes"

I have found this a profound statement over the years, reminding me not only not to be too concerned about the judgement of others but also to be careful before I myself rush to judgement.
  19. I know where this one comes from!

John Maclean, Die Hard

Might be an F-word missing, tho...
  20. Nope.
    It comes from Sam (Robert De Niro) in Ronin