Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Favourite Netrider Nicknames

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by rc36, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Now that I've thoroughly perused the thread about how everyone got tyheir netrider nicknames I think it's time to have a thread about what is your favourite one. Some of them were so clever and showed so much thought that, surely, they deserve some recognition.

You can't choose your own, no matter how clever you think it is and you have to have a reason why you chose it.

Mine is a no-brainer.

Helina Handbasket is so good on so many levels that it wins easily.

Of course, the fact that I have been married to a Helena for over 30 years and never once thought of that delicious pun probably adds to the appeal.
  2. I don't get it?
  3. Sorry. There is an old saying about going to hell in a handbasket, meaning that everything is going wrong and nobody can stop it....
    I think it's a terrific pun.
  4. yes but what is a handbasket?
  5. Gold Scooter .... Gold.
  6. A basket that you carry in your hand. Women used to carry them down to the shops to pick up groceries. These days they are more than likely decorative rather than practical, but, as I said, the saying is an old one.
  7. no comment.....

:LOL: jokes, jokes :wink:

sigh, i eagerly await yet ANOTHER punch in the nose :roll:

:LOL: :p
  8. Might have made more sense if it was your ex wife and her name was handbasket.
  9. What across riders put on the front of their bikes. :p
  10. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  11. There are so many clever user names i really couldn't strip it down to just one . They are all unique in there own way.
  15. PLEASE do not lower the tone of this forum by mentioning (or even HINTING at) "Friends.
  16. Fixed simply by changing all references to 'friends' to netrider coffee
  17. The only reason i did is that the name Helina Handbasket comes from friends (my little sister owns all 10 series so it's hard to escape).

Helina Handbasket is Chandlers gay cross-dressing dad's name while he is performing on stage.
  18. Hey I resemble that remark :twisted:
  19. Damn!

Well, thanks, Night. You see i don't watch the show at all so i didn't know that the name wasn't original. It just tickled my funny bone because I thought it was such a clever pun and because my wife's name is Helena.
  20. It still is a clever pun on many levels that's for sure. Who's to say the writers of the show 'Friends' didn't choose then name for just that reason.