Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Favourite lines from movies

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' started by hornet, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Probably been done before, and not really a Joke posting, but everybody has his or her favourite line or lines from a movie.
    So. Not TV show or cartoonie, just a movie.
    I have two
    1. Steven Segal, playing a navy chef in Under Seige II, after beating the daylights out of the baddies in the galley of the ship says; "No-body beats me in the kitchen". Love this because I'm a chef by trade!
    2. Rutger Hauer in Bladerunner; "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams ... glitter in the dark near Tanhauser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost ... in time, like tears ... in rain. Time ... to die."
    I don't know why but even divorced from the atmosphere of the climax of this great movie, these lines always make me cry.

2. There was a b/w movie set in Sth Africa in colonial days.
    Sceen. Lady in tub of water bathing. Several people sitting around.

**Aparently a bit of swapping or lending going on****

Anyway seems the system is for her to place a feather on the water and then puff on it to spin it. Whichever male the stem points at get her services for the night.

Anyway the stem points to the hero of the story. He says sorry already otherwise engaged. She pouts and then offers to the rest. No one takes up offer.

She stands up in the tub and says" Doesn't anyone want to **** me?".

To which several ladies dash out of the room laughing into their hankies. Men all looking at ceiling.

Best dialogue
  3. Not movies but game is

"Nobody steals our chicks...... And lives!"

Our favourite hero Duke Nukem.....

"Yippie Kay Yay, Motherfcuker" - Bruce Willis

But real quotes...

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make every other bastard die for his! - General George S. Patton
  4. So many choices....

Princess Bride.

"Now, give me the gate key!"
    "Gate key? I have no gate key!"
    "Phezzick, tear his arms off!"
    "Oh, you mean THIS gate key."
  5. Computer games....again, so many choices...

Day of the Tentacle.

"Oh, I forgot, he's incredibly evil, isn't he?"
    "I'll try and talk him out of it."

Warcraft I

"Zugg zugg"
  6. renton in trainspottting:
    I hate being Scottish. We're the lowest of the fcuking low, the scum of the earth, the most wretched, servile, miserable, pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization. Some people hate the English, but I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are colonized by wankers. We can't even pick a decent culture to be colonized by. We are ruled by effete arseholes. It's a shite state of affairs and all the fresh air in the world will not make any fcuking difference.

tyler in 'fight club':
    You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fcuking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

ferris in 'ferris bueller's day off'
    Not that I condone facism, or any 'ism' for that matter. 'Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an 'ism,' he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon: 'I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me.' Good point there. Afterall, he was the walrus. I could be the walrus, I'd still have to bum rides off of people.
  7. "Beep beeeeep dreeb wuble dwop!"

Ah that R2D2, no one can deliver a line like him! ;)
  8. "Are you talkin' to me?" - Travis Bickle, Robert De Niro, Taxi Driver.
  9. Oh and...

10. Classic

How long since you've heard somebody being called "Punk"??
  11. From Mad Max:
    "c... c... come on Max, You've seen it! You've heard it! and you're still asking questions?"

"When do we go for a ride?"

From Stone:

"When you screw it on on in second... Man, the vibrations!"
  12. Movie Title: The Brothers McMullen (1995) as Barry / Barry McMullen:

Barry : [holds up a banana] Man is like a banana. Strong and firm, bright and phallic, and he's protected by his all-important shield. But, when a woman comes along, you know, she sees this bright phallic beast and she wants it. So, she starts peeling away your all-important shield. [peels the banana]

Barry : First, she wants to see your romantic side, then she wants to see your passionate side, finally she wants to see your soft, caring, feminine side. She keeps peeling and peeling until your left there buck naked, totally exposed with your balls blowing in the wind. And that's when she gets her knife, and she cuts away your manhood piece by piece until she's having your cock in her corn flakes.

13. that's easy Al Pacino in Scarface wins hands down.

"I never screwed anybody over in my life that didn't have it coming to them, you got that. I only got two things in this life, my word and my balls, and i don't break them for nobody, you understand..."
  14. In the Boondock Saints when the italian guy declares he is going to claim credit for the brothers killings and pounds his fist on the table, triggering the pistol and shooting the cat. After a panicked check to see if everyone is alive, then a stunned silence he asks - "Is it dead?"

I laughed so hard I nearly choked the first time I saw that. Still makes me laugh now.
  15. Gone in 60 seconds (remake Nic Cage version):

TUMBLER: "I call it the stranger, what I do is I sit on my hand for like 15, 20 minutes till it goes numb, no feeling at all, then I rub one out" "
  16. Ah, my sig? :p

"Anyone else want to negotiate?" Bruce Willis, The Fifth Element.
  17. Hot Shots

Topper Harley: could never find time for love--too heavy--it's an anchor that drowns a man. Besides, I've got the sky, the smell of jet exhaust, my bike.
    Pete "Dead Meat" Thompson: A loner.
    Topper Harley: No, I own it.
  18. Hot Shots again (but very topical)

Lt. Cmdr. James Block: Topper Harley?
    Topper Harley: Once perhaps. Now I am called Tooka Chinchilla.
    Lt. Cmdr. James Block: What does it mean?
    Topper Harley: Fluffy Bunny Feet.
  19. and these two (sorry, but this is fun)

Topper Harley: Those are some long legs.
    Ramada Thompson: I just had them lengthened. Now they go all the way up

Ramada Thompson: I'm a virgin. I'm just not very good at it.

One of the best...
  20. 'cept me

"may the force be with you Luke"