Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Fatality in QLD

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by TRA, May 23, 2010.

1. Around midday yesterday a motorcyclist was out riding north of brisbane when a car pulled out in front of him. His family made the descision to turn of life support late yesterday afternoon. R.I.P. Adam, my thoughts are with your family and friends.

2. Another gone. Car V Bike never ends well. RIP and condolences to all concerned.

Cam

3. I am now questioning if getting back on 2 wheels was a good descision.

4. did u know this fella?

5. Yeah mate. Makes 3 the total of people I know who have died riding bikes.

6. Sorry to hear of your friends passing.

As for your questioning, if this friend of yours died in a car accident, would you reconsider driving a car?

7. ye never good to hear, but cejay has a point, just be as safe as u can out there champ

8. A life not spent on two wheels is a life wasted. If two wheels takes a life, then so be it. Stop worrying.

9. Very sorry to hear TRA - RIP Adam.

10. Well this just shits me!...
    Another case of I did'nt see you, I presume.

My sincerest condolences to the family - at least the poor guy went, doing something that he enjoyed, and by the sounds of it, it was quick. :-(

Just as a bit of a side note...I have reflective stuff all over my bike...wheel rim tape, color matches patches on the sides and on the front/rear. I'm not sure if they help or not, but if you look at my bike through the headlights of a car, it lights up like a xmas tree - of course, I STILL have'nt been seen plenty of times - just that maybe one of those times that I might have been seen, might have been the one that would have killed me. Who knows...except that I think it is a worthy consideration, especially since you can color match so your bike does'nt look stupid.

John.

11. Yeah not good mate. The problem with riding bikes is you end up knowing other people that ride bikes, and the more you know the greater the chance of losing them. 3 is high for 1 person to know of, but we all live with it.

My condolences go to you.

12. damn, sorry to hear that. condolences to his family and friends.

just yet another example of idiot careless drivers. eight months ago i got taken out by a car doing an illegal uturn. Only just been back on the bike a few months, and last night very nearly got taken out by a car turning across the road right in front of me. The most common response i get when people hear about this is "why don't you get a car", as if it is motorcyclists who are to blame when someone else hits them. Hopefully the driver of this car is held accountable for his actions, unlike the guy who hit me, who "didn't mean it" and hence got a wrist slap.

Phil

13. Folks, offer your condolensces, but unless you're the coroner or were personally involved in the collision, the rules ask that you do not speculate.

RIP Adam.

14. that is very sad news, i'm sorry to hear that.
    Hits close to home now i have a family of my own,
    my thoughts go out to Adams family, i hope we get to see our passed loved ones again one day.

15. Funeral was today. Sad fact is we dont know what really happened, not that it really matters...

16. My sincerest condolences to the family...........RIP