Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Fat Bastard Riding Gear?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by 2wheelsagain, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Does anyone make/sell any gear for us "well padded" types?
    We're not all rocket jockeys but still need protection. :grin: :wink:

2. Mars Leathers in Elizabeth St will make to measure, fat bastards a specialty, just ask me :LOL:
  3. Thanks for the replys. Much appreciated.
  4. Most places that do custom fit leathers will be able to make multi X leathers.

In addition to those mentioned above Walden Miller leathers and Tiger Angel also do custom fit 1 and 2 piece suits.
  5. Dririder do up to an 8XL in their Freeway Jacket, and Draggin' Jeans do nice roomy 44 inch waist cargo pants with kevlar inserts.
  6. Hey thats a great name for a label "Fat bastard riding gear...........for your big fat arse" :LOL:
  7. Thought it would get some attention. Lucky you added the emoticon though!
  8. Hey I have already copyrighted "fat arse cruisers for fat arses" hmmmm now I can see the range wexpanding to include "fat bastard clothing". :cool:

I am think of a spin off for the Ulysess clan, FOB clothing, fat old bastard :LOL: :LOL:

Anyways if you can afford it a custom set of leathers would be the go, have a look at Scorpion, Underdog etc they are all int he partner discount tab to your left of screen.
  9. Plenty of fat bastard gear around, I got a 3 or 4 XL jacket off Ebay.

Regards, Andrew.
  10. Checked the site. Very good. I'll need to do a survey to see if I qualify!
  11. 4XL is how many axe handles across the sholders? :grin:
  12. I'm a bit of a fat bastard but I had no problems getting draggins and cordura jackets to fit.

Leathers were another thing altogether, that took me nearly a year. $2000 from Tiger Angel is just too much. I bought a $500 pair of pants from Mars, custom made, and regretted it from that day forward, they're a shite cut and pretty much unwearable with the knee protectors in.

I finally found a $900 RST suit that fit - and am happy with it for now. I'm 5'11" and around 120kg at my most corpulent.
  13. :shock:

But ya sing rooly nice :LOL:
  14. draggins will do a 46 in ther cargo of the shelf.. but they will also do custom fit..
    i've got some tiger angel element pants too. wich were a custom fit
    as far as jackets go dririder go pretty big.. rivit to.. depends what style your chasing...
    i have a rivit brando style which is huge on my and i'm 6"4 140kg

i never realy have a prob find jacket (not alway the style i want) but i find pants very hard to track down.. shops aren't alway helpful but a lot of the aussie manufactures are. When it come to leathers.. there a heap of custom guys around.. you'll pay extra, but if it fits, protects and last then the little extra is well worth it.