Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Fastest LAMS 90kg bodyweight

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Micko1979, Sep 18, 2015.

1. #1 Micko1979, Sep 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2015
    I see people avoiding this question. Obviously nobody knows. Prove that you do

Why can't somebody tell me the answer?
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. I'm pushing 100, my MT-07 has more than enough pull. Just work out if the bike's power to weight ratio is good, then you should be right.
  3. Obviously a 90kg sheep would.not be very fast.. that recent one with 40kg fleece could barely stand up!

What has 90kg got to do with anything?
    150kW/tonne =fastest
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Fastest as in acceleration or fastest as in top speed ?
  5. Honda 400 4 is up there
  6. The fastest is going to be a restricted 650 like ninja 650 rl of hyo 650 with the restrictor removed on the sly ;-).
  7. Wow, you don't look a day over 70!
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. very demanding for a noob
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Or fastest in cornering?

So you are right, nobody knows tge answer to your question, because its a dumb question.
  10. The power to weight ratio specified in the LAMS regulation is set with a rider body weight of ... GASP! ... 90Kg. The fastest LAMS machine, in terms of outright speed on a salt flat, will be the one with the highest power to weight ratio, the best aerodynamics, AND with a top end biased torque curve. In the real world it will be the one with a high power to weight ration and a good spread of torque across the rev range ... and being ridden by a someone who knows what they're doing, not some skill-less n00b.

People aren't avoiding the question, they're ignoring it because 1 - it was posed as a statement and 2 - it's childish.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. micko79.

I see a bright future for this one.

Anyway, onto the question ...

fcuk you why ask
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Whose 2nd account is it? :p
  13. Fastest lams is my cousin's fully sick 1992 cbr250rr.
  14. Wasn't there some n00b on here a while back claiming his CB400 with altered gearing was the fastest bike in the world?
  15. Learners after the "biggest and fastest" reminds me of this kick-in-the-ass-power.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Just go get a v star and hypercharge it bro !
    Isnt that what they do , its a quicker way into the emergency ward !
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. I forget the name of it, but it's a 125 (that means it has a top speed of 125 miles, or 200k) that's come from China.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  18. Pure gold gents!
  19. The fastest factory spec legal option is probably the Aprillia SXV 70hp and 113kgs. fcuk knows how it got the approval.
  20. That bike is not on the nsw lams list