Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Faster and Faster: The Best of 2007

Discussion in 'Multimedia' at netrider.net.au started by CamKawa, Dec 31, 2007.

1. http://sameerkumar.blogspot.com/2007/12/faster-and-faster-best-of-2007.html
    As the year comes to an end, it’s time for the
    Faster and Faster Best of 2007 Awards
    Here we go...
    Best open-class Sportsbike

aV46czyA.
    Master Blaster: The ZZR1400 is still the best heavy hitter around

It was the Kawasaki ZZR1400 last year. And this year, despite the all-new Suzuki Hayabusa, the ZZR1400 manages to cling on to its title. For us, the new Hayabusa isn’t as radical as we were hoping it would be, and Honda still haven’t built a V-four-powered replacement for the CBR1100XX. So the 200bhp, 320km/h ZZR1400 is still on top. And for 2008, Kawasaki have cured its low-rev power delivery foibles, so the big ZZR is only getting better with age…

Best litre-class Superbike
    aV46cM1i.
    On road and on track, the GSX-R1000 reigns supreme

Yes, it’s the Suzuki GSX-R1000, which also won this category last year. The K7 model’s dual exhausts (ugly, bulky…) can easily be replaced with a lighter, better-looking, single-sided system from Yoshimura. And with regard to everything else – the engine, power delivery, chassis, suspension and styling – the Gixxer was still on top in 2007. Things may be tougher in 2008 though, what with the 2008 ZX-10R and Fireblade waiting to punch the GSX-R1000’s lights out.

Best middleweight Sportsbike
    Pq3qTffi.
    Agile and performance-packed, the CBR600RR is at the top of its class

Indeed, the Honda CBR600RR is the best middleweight sportsbike this year. Some people did not like the way the 2007 CBR600RR looks, but in terms of performance and handling, we think the Honda beats last year’s winner, the Triumph Daytona 675. The Honda does most things right and we'd go as far as to say the 2007 CBR600RR is probably the best CBR600 Honda have ever made! (Next year, the Ducati 848 seems to be the bike to look out for, while the GSX-R750 has a lost a bit of its shine and needs to do something radical to re-enter the fray…)

2. cant be arsed just deleting pics, so ya text has been scrubbed - Dazza

3. cant be arsed just deleting pics, so ya text has been scrubbed - Dazza

Copy and Paste FTW \o/

4. I agree with all this. Though I don't have an informed opinion on the best Sportstourer as it's a category I don't follow.

5. That Honda looks like arse. The '80's isn't an era that we should be looking back on with glazy-eyed nostaligia in terms of styling just yet. Yuck. The gong should have gone to Yamaha's XS-V1.
    aV46djXi.

Pq3qTud9.

Larish colour schemes aside, gets me more excited than that. As for the rest... pah, more of the same. I also think the KTM looks muchas better than the 1098. And the 1098 is one hot motosickle.

6. I like the Honda CB1100R the most out of all of them.

7. I'm with QW, that Honda is ugly as sin. The Yami is gorgeous.

That KTM has some awesome styling. What's under the fairings?

8. Although being young (18) and only being in the 80's for 4 months, i really like that cb1100r, i always liked those old bikes cause my uncles all had them, even though im now into modern sports bikes.

its just looks nice. lol.

cheers fingers89

9. All very bland and "safe" choices. I (naturally) disagree about the CBR600 being better than the 675, but I will concede that I understand that the main reason why people would prefer the CBR600, is because as stock the CBR600 has softer factory standard suspension settings which tends to woo the quick-test-ride masses.

I personally feel that the upcoming KTM RC4 would be a more rewarding sportsbike than the RC8.

10. Not with that Cherry Blossom colour it shouldn't, though the rest of the bike I like. Of course I also like the Honda, but then my thoughts on 80's styled bikes should be fairly obvious ;).

11. CB1100R is not ugly on the whole - the ugly part is the treatment of fairing/lights that make it look like startled C3PO. But it is not beyond redemption - it just needs different fairing. As an experiment, just put your thumb over the headlights in the picture and what remains is a simple, classic bike with nothing offensive about it.

Which is why, when I first saw the pictures of those concept Hondas I immediately decided that the one I liked best was the simplest one - CB1100F:
    [​IMG]

Yamaha XS-V1 is very cool and for heaven's sake, don't get hang up on the colour - production bikes will surely come with different colour options, though it's true that if it comes to Australia, they will probably import only one of them...

And talking about safe choices... that's the award that should go to Ducati for their 1098. Safe is exactly what it is - not unattractive by any means, but it's just a complete return to the styling of 916 line. I thought 999 was a lot more interesting as far as the styling goes.

I would give an award to Honda for their upcoming CB1000R - Hornet. We seem to be going through a particular 'transformer-inspired' fashion trend: Kawasaki's ER6, Z1000 and 750, Suzuki's B-King is the most tragically misguided example of that genre, and Honda has their Hornets - of all of these, I consider the big Hornet the most successful as far as the aesthetics are concerned. Hornet 600 came close but it fell apart in just one area - again, because its front treatment with that instrument pod sitting on the flat area like some stupid thing sitting on a plate... well, the big Hornet addressed that one weakness of their design and I think it now looks pretty cool. And coming from a traditionalist like myself, that means something.

12. Where's the XJR1300 in that list? I'm offended!

:evil:

13. Loving all the pics, and reviews of the Ginxser, gotta love a Suzi :)

14. Who's the king then hey.. :twisted: :p