Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Farewell Mum

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by Bluesuede, Mar 2, 2009.

1. [​IMG]

My mother passed away this morning.

There are a number of people here that know the story, but Mum had a massive stroke last July at the age of 69, due to, well shall we say a series of medical stuff ups. She was paralysed down one side as a result and lost her speech and spent 6 months battling to recover. At Christmas time she'd had enough and started to decline, and is now finally at peace.

I'll miss you Mum, you've been a wonderful parent and a source of endless support, love and friendship. I'll always love you and carry you with me in my heart.

RIP.

2. Thoughts and prayers with you :).

3. never good. may she rest.

4. Very sorry to hear this Ian. My sincere condolences to you and your family at this difficult time. All the best.

Chris

5. My condolences to you and yours

6. I'm very sorry for your loss :cry:

7. She looks like a really sweet lady. I'm sorry for your loss !!

8. Having lost my Mum in August I can feel where you are. My condolances and best wishes to you and your family
    Rick

9. So sorry mate. My thoughts are with you :( Let me know if there's anything you need or even just to have a chat.

10. Sorry for your loss Bluesuede. Although I don't know you, I do know how you feel.

I lost my mum in November, she also had suffered a stroke 10 mths earlier.

Although you don't like to see your loved ones suffer, it is still an extremely hard and sad time for you.

Try to take comfort in knowing she is at peace.

11. Condolensces mate. Sorry for your loss.

Having spent the better portion of December contemplating potentially losing my dad, I have deep sympathies.

12. Ian, i can't begin to tell you how sorry I am to hear this news.

Thoughts are with you.

13. Sounds like she had a pretty good innings. Remember her for all the good times. I know it doesn't make it any easier but time sorts it all out.

14. Sorry for the loss mate :(

Not sure if there are words out there that can comfort you at this time.

May she rest in peace.

15. I'm so sorry to hear about ya loss BS.

Not much more I can say to ya mate but I hope these posts are of
    some comfort (as they were for me) knowing that others have you
    in their thoughts.

It's no easier whether she had a good innings of not.

Rest in Peace.

16. Some lovely sentiments in your post BS. I can't begin to imagine how I would feel if I was to lose my mum. My condolences for your and your family's loss. Take care.

17. My thoughts and prayers are with you and family in this sad time
    Michael

18. Many condolences BS.

My dad died a month ago, very suddenly and the loss is still very real. My thoughts are with all your family.

19. Sorry to hear of your loss.
    Losing close family members is never easy. I know how you feel.
    All the best.

20. Sorry for your loss - it will be 12 months on Friday since my mum died, so I have some idea of what you're going through.