Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Farewell aunty jack

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by ljcoolio, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Any of you older riders out there remember the aunty jack show with Graeme bond. What bike did she ride? Maybe anyone with other famous shows songs etc featuring bikes that they recognize or know the type, meatloaf sung about a silver black phantom bike?

• Like Like x 2
  2. yup, remember the show

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. I'm pretty sure it was a Harley, with a sidecar. It may well have been a WLA WWI model.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. I think I still have several episodes on VHS.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. The episode where TV changed over from B&W to colour was hilarious....

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. From Wiki
    "Visually, she was unmistakable, dressed in a huge, tent-like blue velvet dress,football socks, workboots, and a goldenboxing glove on her right hand. She rode everywhere on a Harley-Davidson motorcycleand referred to everyone as "me little lovelies" — when she was not uttering her familiar threat: "I'll rip yer bloody arms off!", a phrase which immediately passed into the vernacular."

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Meatloaf is associated with 2 bikes. He rode a WLA Harley in the Rocky Horror Picture Show, and the Bat Out of Hell bike was, allegedly, an early Yam Virago.

In the Goodies episode Scoutrageous the masked scouts (Bill and Graeme) are seen escaping on a small motorcycle which I thought was a CZ 250 but which freeze framing the DVD, ISTR, proved otherwise. Can't remember what it actually was though.

The Monty Python sketch Hell's Grannies has a brief shot of a group of Triumph and BSA twins (then contemporary models).

ISTR the Dick Emery Show (maybe that didn't make it to Oz) occasionally showed Mr Emery, as one of his characters, riding the early Honda 750/4 (again, fairly modern at the time) which he actually owned and rode.

There's a Mother and Son episode in which the Mother gets a lift on (again ISTR) a Kwak GT550.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I loved the Aunty Jack Show and loved Thin Arthur.
    I remember buying the EP of the theme song (sad but hey it was the 70's) and it had a picture of Aunty Jack with her dukes on one side and her and thin arthur on the bike/sidecar as well.

Remember the cooking show two fat ladies on the ABC was always impressed with them fanging around on the bike there too. Both dead now...

PS saw a lovely old Honda six cylinder on the BDR .gawd it sounded good...and that seat...sigh...
    image.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Yes I remember that I busted a gut and the pictures were 'amasing'

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Sadly I remember the words to the theme song...will probably come out unprompted when dementia sets in... :woot:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. With a six-into-one it SHOULD sound great!

OK, quiz then, what was the name of the girl in the Aunty Jack show (not the actress, but the character)
    And what other phenomenal talent did the man who played Thin Arthur have??

12. Flange desire
    He wrote ditties and ads in real life

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. He did indeed, his first advert was with Graeme Bond, and it was for Kimbies nappies!
    But much more importantly, he had a band called Cool Bananas, and he did all the backup instrumentals on Kevin Johnson's "Rock and roll I gave you all the best years of my life"

• Informative Informative x 3
  14. What about George and Mildred they had a bike and sidecar

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Authur and Olive in On The Buses (wow that goes wayyyyyyy back)

Screenshot_2016-03-22-16-53-39-1.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. And the car overtaking them is......?

17. Hmmmm orange !

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. I have no idea but it looks fiatesk maybe ?

19. Loved Aunty Jack. We had the whole album OldmaidOldmaid o_O.

• Like Like x 1
  20. No it's a Chevy Corvair, the car famously killed by Ralph Nader...

• Informative Informative x 1