Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Famous Netriders

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by nearlyempty, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Sort of a twist on the famous people who ride.

Not that I know any (my grandad was the architect for Holloway prison & I am the son of the british veterans champion marathon runner, but that's not me so they don't really count).

Who is our most famous Netrider?

Anything considered.

:)

2. My dad's uncle was Lawrence Hargrave (avaition pioneer)

3. well today slyfox and I were interviewed about our views on the "compulsory car licence before bike licence"

4. I was on x factor!!!! Bow before me!!!!

I also sang a few tunes with Kamahl when I was 12.

If anyone wants to see it, I'll gmail around a 24mb file of me and the Suade and Pablo boys doing a severely butchered version of "bohemian rhapsody" on the x factor live grand final show. If you look carefully at the end of the clip you'll see me pulling a wedgie on one of the pablo guys as we walk off stage... :LOL: Wedgie in font of a quarter of a million live viewers = my proudest moment.

<note: will gmail when my broadband is back working again>

www.suade.net

Loz

5. and.....

6. Is it only the Netriders themselves to be famous? Or by association as well (relos, etc)?

My father was a TV journo on channels 9 and 10 in the 70's and 80's. Also had his own motoring show on ch 7 for a bit, as well as various appearances in tv shows (Prisoner, The Sullivans, Neighbours, Madam Bouvieres Babies, Cop Shop, Stingers, etc).

Edit: Oh yeah, I was once on the news as the annual "first day at school" story one year.

7. and then everyone at perter stevens joined us for a protest march that held up traffic for hours. You will catch it on the 7.30 news...

One of my aunts was a model, and one uncle worked in radio if fame by association counts.

8. Loz is the most famous one I know of. The rest of us are nobodies. :)

9. whats famous about loz?

10. Groberts is famous , he's on all the police most wanted lists . :butt:

11. Neat web-site, Dave!!!

12. So who was he, dale??
    Remember, lots of us oldies can remember back that far!!!!

13. Thx Paul but i cant take any credit for it :roll: , im just a member.

14. Well, if we're talking about fame by association (which we're not really, but hey, I can hijack along with the best of you) Kevin Johnson, the Australian singer/songwriter who wrote and sang "Rock and roll I gave you all the best years of my life" came and spoke to my class at school one day cos I asked him too and he played a song on my 12 string Washburn guitar which I still have!

15. Anyone's claim to fame being on a banner image at the top of the netrider website? :LOL:

16. My family owned a castle in the old country... till the comunists took over...

My old man has two inventions to his name, that changed the cement industry (at least in Poland)

17. Reckon Loz is winning so far...

X-factor. Wow!

18. "Add water to crushed rocks! of course! I'll be rich..." :LOL:

19. One of my relatives back in the 1800's was the man who successfully cross-bred the blue cattle dog. He bred a dingo and a Scottish wall-eyed merle and some other breed (kelpie)

For many years the dogs used to be called Hall's Heelers.

http://www.ar.com.au/~norclark/brdhist.htm

20. Yeah Yeah Yeah. All got famour ancestors who probably woudn't even admit the know you.

What about YOU?

Me?

I'm the bloke that fell off a beemer near Noojee! How's that? :p :p :p

I ask you. How many other people can say that --- Hey??????
    Let's see you do it. :p :p :p :p

On a more serious note, I won 11 trial races as a harness driver, and won 14 as a Trainer. My horse held the track record at Traralgon for about 12 months. Also biggest winning margin.

Regards

Brian