Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Falling in love again.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by rourkster, Dec 15, 2008.

1. We've been a single car family for quite some time therefore the bike has become my commuter and almost our second vehicle, ferrying kids to sporting events etc. For a little while now I've been a bit ho hum about the bike and only really ridden it for that purpose. I'd look at it and think "Should I wash it. There's all that chrome to polish. It's only going to get dirty again in 2 or 3 days". I'd start to notice every little rattle, every noise, every minor mark on the bodywork. We'd basically become like a long married couple.
    Three weeks ago I bought a 4WD (kept our Falcon) and it became my new toy. Accessories were bought, trips to the beach were had, and getting to work in the rain was no longer a pain. During this time, the bike sat in the garage without even being started.
    This morning was probably the first time I'd given the bike a second look. It seemed to give me an accusatory look back. The guilt got to me and I fired it up with the intention of a quick blat up the road to "clear the cobwebs".
    2 hours later I came home. I had re-discovered the love. The instant acceleration, the diving into gaps my 4WD couldn't make, leaving cars behind at the lights. The wind in my face (and the bugs) whilst I impersonate a human windsock. It was all there. It may have only been a 3 week break, but this was like our second honeymoon. Tomorrow she will be washed, polished, caressed and appreciated for the wonderful partner she is.

2. and thats why we love happy endings :)
  3. Its ok to love your bike... just dont LOOOOVE it ;) :LOL:
  4. guess i'll just leave you two alone then... :LOL:
  5. Truth is, bike is pretty hard to love as your every day means of transport.... I know, I've been there! It's much easier to love your bike when you're not in an exclusive relationship and you're allowed to see other vehicles :)
  6. :evil: How could you show more love to a cage!

If only for a little while but still a haenous crime!

UNFORGIVABLE!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
  7. Remember, motorcyclists know why a dog hangs it's head out of a car window.
  8. '0

thats the most romantic love story i have read.
    i was concerned in the middle though coz u had neglected her.
  9. Love lost and found ...
    Always been a sucker for a good love story :)
  10. That almost one for the Shame File :evil:

Now you must sell everything and buy a gold plated garage to house your beloved treasure in the comfort and opulence deserved of it.

Then you might be forgiven! :LOL:
  11. Deryn Hynch style?? :p :LOL:
  12. awwwww aint that sweeeet :shock:
  13. Mmm, I've been commuting in a 3 tonne Transit van for the last two weeks - hopped back on the bike to get to work yesterday, never been happier!
  14. my car has cobwebs on it from not moving so long...

the bike gets washed and loved so much... even though getting in the leather clad seats, with some nice tunes and a few mates in the car is great...

nothing compares to no traffic, fuel bills, easy parking and power of the bike