Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Fake Logon's Doomed?

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by 2wheelsagain, Jan 11, 2008.

?
  1. Yes - I am a person of mystery

100.0%
  2. No - I will confess my real identity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. THE woman linked to the suicide of a 13-year-old girl who was tormented through MySpace could be charged with fraud after the case sparked worldwide outrage.
    A federal grand jury in Los Angeles has subpoenaed the MySpace records of Lori Drew, the Missouri woman who created a false account on the social networking website to communicate with her daughter's friend, sources told The Los Angeles Times.

Federal prosecutors in Los Angeles were considering charging Ms Drew with cyber fraud in the absence of more a relevant offence, the unnamed sources said. MORE.........

2. Whatever happens... I think it is awfully sad when someone is so desperate and feels so alone...and feels there is no one they can turn to...take their own lives... It's terribly sad, no matter the age of the suicide victim... :(

3. This sounds like a salem witch trial me!

4. In a sane world there is nothing they can truly charge this woman with.
    She sounds like a bit of a deranged wacko, that is for sure, but if her intent (As was sated) was to get the girls confidence it would indicate this was not the goal.
    Interesting enough they are describing it as bullying. I would have though it would take more than one message for something to be considered bullying.

5. I first heard about this several weeks ago and by all accounts the account was created to set up this girl for a fall.
    The mothers story has changed a couple of times too.
    Cyber assault would be a good term for what has been alleged.