Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Rach_86, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Hey everyone,

Had a bit of a bingle on the weekend. So the front of my bike looked like a train wreck. The good thing is it all mostly looks cosmetic. So I have been using my time off so far to try and get prices and what not but am finding it a bit hard.

I ride a ZXR250C 1993.
    So fairings are hard to come buy. Ive tryed Vic wreckers and there after 300 a piece.

I need
    Right hand side
    and Left hand side depending on price although i could probably deal with the left the way it is.

Does anyone know what my next course of action should be.

Thanks Rach
  2. And again I say, STREET FIGHTER TIME!!!
  3. Street fighter everything u can't fix or is too expesive to fix.
    Or repair it ur self will cost about 250 in tools and ull be all set up for ur next spill + cost of refinishing it.

I wish al u netriders lived in sydney i could do so many chepo repair jobs
  4. I found a place that will do a whole set and a custome paint job for $1100.
    Think ill go with it. Now my question is what designe do i paint the fairings up as???? :?
  5. Here comes the newbie question:

what is meant by the term "streetfighter 'ing' something up" ?

*audible groan* from the forumites
  6. Street fighter = rip all the fairings off, put a tough looking front light on it, embrace the ugly brute and ride it like it's stolen and you have a burning roll of toilet paper hanging out your bum.

$1100 for a full fairing set sounds pretty fair. Paint it something really distinctive. It's a Kawasaki right? Put Repsol colours on it.
  7. Thanks Loz :cool:
  8. lol funny you mention repsol.
    My friends finally getting a new set of fairings for his cbr and hes getting that colour scheme. So I cant get that. I think I have a winner though. The alstare corona extra super bike colours.
    Looks hot as. But im going to get it without the corona symbols and change the theme from suzuki to kawasaki.

A bit of a rip I know but it just looks really good.
    Have a look at it on the web: http://www.dailyracer.com/alstaresuzuki/ke1471.html
    I hope that works.

And my friend recomendid southerncrossports. Said they where pretty good so I might go there for repairs.
  9. Looks nice mate, why not go all out and get a white bike and maybe a big tribal design on the side. Now that's a bit different but still would be easy to sell I reckon.
  10. well no jokes i was going to go white because it looks awsome from what ive seen. The probelem is I have white rims on my bike and I find them hard enough to keep clean. Maybe when I upgrade ill go something in white.