Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Fairing Repair...

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' started by alexjennings, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Hey all,

I bought my first bike about 9 month ago and it had some cracks in the fairings-clearly the bike had been dropped. At the time i wasn't too worried about the cracks as being my first bike there was(and still is) the possibility of low siding, dropping it in the garage and just generally wrecking it some more.

Im now looking at fixing her up and possibly getting ready to sell her to make way for a new bike.

Has anyone had any luck with repairing fairings. Its a 2009 gs500f. Is there anywhere in Brisbane that could plastic weld them, or is a do it myself job which requires some fibreglass kits.

I will post a picture of the cracks tomorrow to let ya'll have a better idea of the cracks and the best possible way to repair them

Alex :)
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Type...."motorcycle fairing repair brisbane" into any search engine.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I have a couple of brand new OEM fairings that I need to get rid of for a GS 500f.. Which panels do you need? perhaps we can do a deal?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Right side fairing. And front fairing.
  5. Google / YouTube Plastex. Brilliant stuff, I've used it and its fantastic. Had to wait a while for them to send it from the US though.